logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CllrJonG  
#1 Posted : 14 August 2010 03:33:06(UTC)
CllrJonG

Groups: Administration, Member

I have moved my post which answered a question in the Bridge42 thread here to avoid disrupting the thread.

RSS was having problems with his Flikr acount.....

Hi R.S.S,

Not quite sure what is up with your Flikr account, but you shouldn't actually ever need to use Flikr.

Once you have the pictures stored on your hard disk you should simply be able to upload them to the forum using the forum 'browse' command. just browse to where they are stored on your computer, select the file and then hit the upload button.

I wouldn't actually reccommend using Flikr because i believe that if you do, you automatically give them the right to use your photos for whatever they want, inclucing commercial activities. The terms and conditions will tell you that I think.

Cheers

Jon.

Edited by user 14 August 2010 18:57:22(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jon Goldfinch - Forum Administrator and Town Councillor
Whaley Bridge Town Council - Fernilee Ward

cllr.jong.wbtc@googlemail.com
R. Stephenson-Smythe  
#2 Posted : 15 August 2010 10:03:17(UTC)
R. Stephenson-Smythe

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Good morning, Jon,

R. S-S is still having trouble with his Flickr account; despite Flickr promising to sort it out within 24 hours and sending me an email to that effect nothing has been done.

A little more help please: where do I find the “forum browse command?

R. S-S
CllrJonG  
#3 Posted : 15 August 2010 10:20:59(UTC)
CllrJonG

Hi RSS,

When you create a new post, there is a little tick box atthe bottom left which allows you to select 'attach files to this post'. you will have used this before.

Once you have typed in your text, you can use the 'Preview' button at the bottom of the post  to see how it looks.

When you are happy with what you have written, and assuming you now want to add a picture, you should click the tick box to select 'attach files to this post', and you should then use the Post button to post.

You will now see an option to selct which file to upload. This is the 'Browse' button I was talking about.

Click  this button. It will open a simple browser which allows you to navigate to where you have stored your picture on your computer. Select the picture and click OK, and then use the Upload button to upload the picture onto the Whaley Bridge Forum.

Once you have uploaded  - you should see a little status box briefly open as the file uploads - you should click the 'Back' button to return to the forum.

Please note that the filename of the picture you upload remains attached to the picture and this can be viewed by anyone. Thus, if I call my picture jon_goldfinches_picture_of_whaley_goal.jpg , then people will see exactly this text when they hover their mouse over the picture on the forum. The full path to the picture does not get retained.

Cheers

Jon.

Edited by user 15 August 2010 10:32:33(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

umtali  
#4 Posted : 15 August 2010 11:03:34(UTC)

Groups: Guest

CllrJonG  
#5 Posted : 15 August 2010 13:21:44(UTC)
CllrJonG

Thanks**.

Jon.