logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
buggyite  
#1 Posted : 27 August 2012 22:02:46(UTC)
buggyite

Groups: Member
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

After last year's successful hurriedly organised Buxworth Steam Party at the Navigation Inn and the War Memorial Club, we are holding another.

This time there will probably be about a dozen traction engines, some vintage cars, lorries and tractors on display at either venue, or trundling from one to the other.

Things will kick off around midday on the Saturday, and run through till about tea-time on the Sunday.

There is no admission charge, but we hope that visitors will help defray the costs by availing themselves of the beer and food offered by the Navigation and the Club.

There is live music on at the "Navi" on Saturday night, and at the Club on Sunday afternoon. All being well, a fairground organ will entertain those whose musical tastes are inclined that way at the venue which is NOT having the live music, so neither music source should be drowning out the other.

More details will be added as I firm things up.

Buggyite
I am a yellow factioner!
BarryRudd  
#2 Posted : 28 August 2012 00:44:40(UTC)
BarryRudd

Thanks Buggyite

I hope to see more people from Whaley make the short walk up the Canal this year to what is a great event.  I particularly look forward to seeing the Storm Brewery band again.  Thanks again for your support at the Water Weekend.

Cheers

sometimes over the hill - but never far away.
buggyite  
#3 Posted : 13 September 2012 09:40:20(UTC)
buggyite

Man

The Saturday night live music at the Navigation Inn will be provided by local band Turtle Zed

The Sunday afternoon live music at Buxworth Club will be provided by the Storm Brewery house band from Macclesfield, who seem to go under various names, depending on which core members and which guests are playing with them.

Therefore, if you have heard of "Magic Otters", "Chinese Marbles" or "Dazed & Confused", you may well recognise them at the Club.

We are very much hoping that there will be a water bus between Whaley and Bugsworth basins on both days, and very possibly a steam-hauled trailer service between Whaley Bridge & Buggie as well.

Buggyite
I am a yellow factioner!
buggyite  
#4 Posted : 19 September 2012 13:58:17(UTC)
buggyite

Man

In addition to the bands mentioned above, The Navigation Inn have "Outer Limits" performing on the Friday evening (5th Oct) from 9pm onwards.

There will be at least one traction engine there on the Friday evening, too.
Buggyite
I am a yellow factioner!
Benga  
#5 Posted : 24 September 2012 14:00:18(UTC)

Groups: Guest

hi buggyite. will there be any male strippers on at the club. i was gutted when i missed the last show which i know got a bit out of hand (or should i say in hand)

buggyite  
#6 Posted : 24 September 2012 20:37:05(UTC)
buggyite

Man

Hello Benga,

There won't be any male strippers on at the club at the steam weekend, unless your tastes are a little more exotic and you enjoy aging wrinkled hairy beer guts, which you will  see on the saturday evening when the enginemen will very likely  have a strip-down wash in buckets by the engines on the car park.

However, there are plans for a repeat of the ladies night to which you refer for those preferring less senile and more athletic male bodies, but there is as yet no date planned. If you want, I will post a separate event message once a date is finalised.

Buggyite
I am a yellow factioner!
Benga  
#7 Posted : 10 October 2012 11:34:06(UTC)

Groups: Guest

hi buggyite please do let us know when the next ladies night has been booked