logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pensionman  
#21 Posted : 21 January 2014 06:52:52(UTC)
pensionman

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Reading the tone of the latest update on the home page gives the impression this development is unstoppable. I suppose HPBC won't object to 107 extra Council tax payers to swell the coffers while Macc Road gets undriveable in the rush hour, along with Horwich end through to Whaley Primary that just gets worse.
thanks 1 user thanked pensionman for this useful post.
Janep on 21/01/2014(UTC)
davethescope  
#22 Posted : 21 January 2014 08:28:31(UTC)
davethescope

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: pensionman Go to Quoted Post
Reading the tone of the latest update on the home page gives the impression this development is unstoppable. I suppose HPBC won't object to 107 extra Council tax payers to swell the coffers while Macc Road gets undriveable in the rush hour, along with Horwich end through to Whaley Primary that just gets worse.

The traffic congestion could be cured with a large can of yellow paint :-)
The optimist believes that Whaley Bridge is the best place in the world to live. The pessimist fears he might be correct.
dougie  
#23 Posted : 21 January 2014 10:29:17(UTC)
dougie

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hmm, I lived on Macc Rd for ten years. I only had one car in my household. I often had to park 300 yds plus from my front door. I fear its a bit simplistic to say double yellows would stop the parking: the point being there isn't any anywhere else. The developers would almost certainly have to provide parking for existing cars on the new site? The 5.30 tailbacks towards Kettleshulme look set to grow it would seem.
davethescope  
#24 Posted : 21 January 2014 16:28:46(UTC)
davethescope

Man
United Kingdom

Perhaps a condition of the permission for the new estate should be the provision of a car park for the occupants of Macc Road.  Not that that would help with the 530 congestion which is greatly aggravated by the ill conceived traffic lights at Horwich End
The optimist believes that Whaley Bridge is the best place in the world to live. The pessimist fears he might be correct.
dougie  
#25 Posted : 21 January 2014 18:35:28(UTC)
dougie

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
it would however be a half decent appeasing gesture for the current residents,...if its going to be railroaded through, this is the time to court the developers,....a branch that bends seldom breaks? Just a thought.
Horwich Ender  
#26 Posted : 21 January 2014 20:51:37(UTC)
Horwich Ender

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jtt Go to Quoted Post

The local plans are meant to be 'sustainable' and 'reflect the aspirations of Local Communities', in contributing 'towards their wider social, economic & environmental objectives'. Use the documents that are there for consultation to your advantage, there are potentially many arguments within these documents why these sites (in my opinion) should not be developed.

Good evening.

http://www.buxtonadvertiser.co.uk/news/local/fears-over-housing-plans-1-6386103

jtt has provided wise advice and it would also be sensible to take on board the words of Councillor Martin Thomas when he says “It’s not the strength of public feeling that matters; it’s the strength of the arguments that will count.”

Jack  
#27 Posted : 24 January 2014 11:55:25(UTC)
Jack

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: davethescope Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: pensionman Go to Quoted Post

The traffic congestion could be cured with a large can of yellow paint :-)

what would you do with your large can of yellow paint 
davethescope  
#28 Posted : 24 January 2014 13:44:49(UTC)
davethescope

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Jack Go to Quoted Post
what would you do with your large can of yellow paint 

Well my first priority would be to paint double yellow lines on the East side of Buxton Road from the Railway Bridge to the traffic lights at Horwich End
thanks 1 user thanked davethescope for this useful post.
Janep on 24/01/2014(UTC)
Jack  
#29 Posted : 29 January 2014 13:22:00(UTC)
Jack

Well my first priority would be to paint double yellow lines on the East side of Buxton Road from the Railway Bridge to the traffic lights at Horwich End

and where would the residents of buxton road park their cars?????????????????????not enough room for all if parking is only allowed on one side of the road............. 
Whaley Laner  
#30 Posted : 02 February 2014 12:55:40(UTC)
Whaley Laner

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Well said. I don't understand why this wasn't done years ago. Traffic problems solved quickly and cheaply.
Jack  
#31 Posted : 17 February 2014 11:48:47(UTC)
Jack

and where would the residents of buxton road park their cars?????????????????????not enough room for all if parking is only allowed on one side of the road............. 

youve not answered the question davethescope........................repeat..........................where would the residents of buxton road park their cars???????????????????????? 
Jack  
#32 Posted : 03 March 2014 11:09:18(UTC)
Jack

youve not answered the question davethescope........................repeat..........................where would the residents of buxton road park their cars???????????????????????? 

davethescope has still not answered the question...........................answer please........................

davethescope  
#33 Posted : 03 March 2014 11:16:23(UTC)
davethescope

Man
United Kingdom

where would the residents of buxton road park their cars???????????????????????? 
davethescope has still not answered the question...........................answer please........................

It is no concern of mine how the residents of Buxton Road  conduct their domestic arrangements except when that conduct impinges on the convenience, welfare and safety of other people in the village.
Jack  
#34 Posted : 04 March 2014 10:25:22(UTC)
Jack

where would the residents of buxton road park their cars???????????????????????? 

It is no concern of mine how the residents of Buxton Road  conduct their domestic arrangements except when that conduct impinges on the convenience, welfare and safety of other people in the village.

still no answer on where residents would park the cars if there were yellow lines on buxton road..................
davethescope  
#35 Posted : 04 March 2014 21:00:22(UTC)
davethescope

Man
United Kingdom

still no answer on where residents would park the cars if there were yellow lines on buxton road..................

Why do you think that you have a right to be provided with a car parking space at public expense?
tarboat  
#36 Posted : 04 March 2014 21:24:17(UTC)
tarboat

Groups: Administration, Member

Why do you think that you have a right to be provided with a car parking space at public expense?

I don't think there was any suggestion of rights. The question still remains valid as to where the residents would park if prevented from doing so on Buxton Road?
thanks 1 user thanked tarboat for this useful post.
Jack on 10/03/2014(UTC)
davethescope  
#37 Posted : 05 March 2014 21:45:08(UTC)
davethescope

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: tarboat Go to Quoted Post
I don't think there was any suggestion of rights. The question still remains valid as to where the residents would park if prevented from doing so on Buxton Road?
You are building a straw man, Tarboat    . Read the thread carefully and then tell me where I proposed preventing residents parking on Buxton Road. What I said is that parking should be confined the West side of the road. It is over 250 metres from the School to Horwich End Post Office. That is room for fifty vehicles which is more than the usual number parked overnight on that stretch of road. I would like to see marked parking bays on the West side and the centre line moved to middle of the remaining carriageway, rather as has been done on the A6 towards Furness. I would go further and make those bays resident only with a (free) permit system.

Edited by user 05 March 2014 21:45:54(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jonny Summers  
#38 Posted : 06 March 2014 17:32:33(UTC)
Jonny Summers

Brilliant Dave, I love your idea, I see only one problem.... It makes too much sense!!!
Just driven through Whaley now & it's chaotic. It seems that unless people are told where they can (or can't park) they simply abandon their vehicles anywhere without any consideration for other road users.
Let's hope that "the powers that be" see, and act, on your suggestion
pensionman  
#39 Posted : 06 March 2014 22:45:25(UTC)
pensionman

Sorry guys, that won't work. Have you considered the width of the carriageway to accommodate this? If we're honest how can you  fit 2 medium sized cars down this road at the best of times? The ugly beastly wagons that use this road totally dominate the width. As an arterial road to Macclesfield it is unavoidable that non-local traffic will always use the route through their sat-navs. I use Macc Road between 3 to 5 times a week, daily up to 18 months ago, & it is not an easily navigatable or safe road to drive on & the useage will increase as users are added.I feel for the poor souls who cannot create a driveway & have to park on-road & have impact damage from the drivers trying to squeeze through & incur the damaged wing-mirror/side scrape on paint-work. I also feel those who have the space to accommodate a drive to house a car & feel compelled to convert their garden & so losing that amenity in exchange for the safety of their vehicle.

It's a complete mess, from the whole stretch of road from the Co-Op through to Linglongs. Oh, and 109 houses in the future? Come on town guardians, we need a better plan.
thanks 1 user thanked pensionman for this useful post.
Janep on 07/03/2014(UTC)
Jack  
#40 Posted : 10 March 2014 10:20:11(UTC)
Jack

Originally Posted by: tarboat Go to Quoted Post

earth to planet scope.........................what world do you live in????????????????youve still not answered the question......................where will the vehicles that currently park on buxton road park if yellow lines are painted down one side??????????????????an answer of you dont know but dont care because its not your problem doesnt help anyone..........................