logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
davethescope  
#41 Posted : 11 March 2014 08:45:08(UTC)
davethescope

Groups: Member
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jack Go to Quoted Post
earth to planet scope.........................what world do you live in????????????????youve still not answered the question......................where will the vehicles that currently park on buxton road park if yellow lines are painted down one side??????????????????an answer of you dont know but dont care because its not your problem doesnt help anyone.......................... 

Can't you read?  I answered the question on the 5th of March.  But to reiterate:  o n    t he     o t h e r     s i d e.

And  parking on Buxton Road is very much my problem, as it is the problem of anyone who drives or takes a bus from Whaley to Buxton or Macclesfield.
The optimist believes that Whaley Bridge is the best place in the world to live. The pessimist fears he might be correct.
RockBanker  
#42 Posted : 11 March 2014 12:20:34(UTC)
RockBanker

Man
Location: &quot;In a primitive area and on a steep hill&quot;

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Perhaps this discussion deserves its own thread. 
Rock "Yellow Alert" Banker

TheShallcrossCode@hotmail.co.uk
Jack  
#43 Posted : 17 March 2014 10:59:24(UTC)
Jack

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: davethescope Go to Quoted Post
earth to planet scope.........................what world do you live in????????????????youve still not answered the question......................where will the vehicles that currently park on buxton road park if yellow lines are painted down one side??????????????????an answer of you dont know but dont care because its not your problem doesnt help anyone.......................... 

Can't you read?  I answered the question on the 5th of March.  But to reiterate:  o n    t he     o t h e r     s i d e.

And  parking on Buxton Road is very much my problem, as it is the problem of anyone who drives or takes a bus from Whaley to Buxton or Macclesfield.

unbelievable davethescope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you think all the vehicles that currently park on buxton road would fit on the one side of the road youre a bigger buffoon than many people already think you are.......................... 
davethescope  
#44 Posted : 18 March 2014 21:32:06(UTC)
davethescope

Man
United Kingdom

unbelievable davethescope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you think all the vehicles that currently park on buxton road would fit on the one side of the road youre a bigger buffoon than many people already think you are.......................... 

Jack.  Do you know how many cars actually park on Buxton Road between the Cock and the Post Office?  Or is it too cold for you to take off your shoes and socks to count them?

And as for being a buffoon:  at least I have the good sense to buy a house with enough off road parking for all my cars.

Edited by user 18 March 2014 21:34:46(UTC)  | Reason: Speiling mistakes.

The optimist believes that Whaley Bridge is the best place in the world to live. The pessimist fears he might be correct.
Jack  
#45 Posted : 15 April 2014 09:10:42(UTC)
Jack

Jack.  Do you know how many cars actually park on Buxton Road between the Cock and the Post Office?  Or is it too cold for you to take off your shoes and socks to count them?

And as for being a buffoon:  at least I have the good sense to buy a house with enough off road parking for all my cars.

there were 62 vehicles parked on both sides of buxton road between school garage and horwich end post office................................i will ask the question again..............................where will these vehicles park if yellow lines are painted down one side of the road?????????????????????????

Jack  
#46 Posted : 12 May 2014 09:08:32(UTC)
Jack

there were 62 vehicles parked on both sides of buxton road between school garage and horwich end post office................................i will ask the question again..............................where will these vehicles park if yellow lines are painted down one side of the road?????????????????????????

still no answer from davethescope?????????????????????????????????????????????? 
davethescope  
#47 Posted : 12 May 2014 22:06:32(UTC)
davethescope

Man
United Kingdom

Nor will you get an answer until you apologize for your ad hominem attacks and agree to conduct a civilized argument.
pensionman  
#48 Posted : 13 May 2014 09:53:25(UTC)
pensionman

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Well said Dave, there is no need for such discourtesy.
Jack  
#49 Posted : 20 May 2014 10:43:20(UTC)
Jack

pensionman..............................have you finished playing in the green fields with green gentleman and canalboat????????????????????????
Jack  
#50 Posted : 20 May 2014 10:47:15(UTC)
Jack

why the need for an argument?????????????????????????all people want is you to answer the question you are avoiding..............................i will ask it again.................................where will the 62 vehicles parked on both sides of buxton road park if yellow lines are painted down one side????????????????????????????? 
davethescope  
#51 Posted : 20 May 2014 16:59:25(UTC)
davethescope

Man
United Kingdom

At what time of day did you count 62 vehicles?  And on how many occasions?.  This isn't prevarication on my part but it is difficult to come up with a satisfactory answer without a full knowledge of the facts.

Nor is it unreasonable to debate on how much disruption to traffic flow and emergency services is tolerable in the interest of allowing everyone to park outside their front door.

Edited by user 20 May 2014 17:03:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jonny Summers  
#52 Posted : 21 May 2014 16:53:33(UTC)
Jonny Summers

The question is the wrong way around: why should hundreds, possibly thousands of cars, lorries & buses be delayed and inconvenienced by bad & inconsiderate parking? A traffic calming scheme with staggered parking on alternate sides would surely be the answer? Motorists have repeatedly shown that unless there are ENFORCED parking restrictions in place, they are quite willing to abandon their cars anywhere & everywhere..... & Whaley Bridge is no exception!!!
davethescope  
#53 Posted : 21 May 2014 19:04:13(UTC)
davethescope

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Jonny Summers Go to Quoted Post
The question is the wrong way around: why should hundreds, possibly thousands of cars, lorries & buses be delayed and inconvenienced by bad & inconsiderate parking? A traffic calming scheme with staggered parking on alternate sides would surely be the answer? Motorists have repeatedly shown that unless there are ENFORCED parking restrictions in place, they are quite willing to abandon their cars anywhere & everywhere..... & Whaley Bridge is no exception!!!

Whilst I agree with you I hesitate to be so outspoken.  But it seems to me that as the traffic congestion is essentially a daytime one and that more parking is required overnight then the answer might be to restrict parking to one side of the road during the daytime but to allow parking on the other side overnight
davethescope  
#54 Posted : 23 May 2014 17:22:24(UTC)
davethescope

Man
United Kingdom

27 vehicles parked in between Horwich End Post Office and the Cock at 1745 tonight.   But three sets of double parking caused the bus to be delayed by almost five minutes.