logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jack  
#21 Posted : 15 April 2014 09:15:06(UTC)
Jack

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: davethescope Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Kippax Go to Quoted Post
Where are these sites in Whaley Bridge? There are lots of people objecting to building but not many suggesting alternative sites. 

Firstly I have to admit \\that |\i do not know if the landowner has to agree before a site can be included in the local plan.  Jon has tried to find this out from HPBC planning department but they would not give a definitive answer preferring to fob us off with platitudes.

With that proviso I would suggest the following sites.
1.  The area north of the existing Hockerley estate as far as Ringstones Clough.  This could be accessed both through the existing estate and from Ringstones industrial estate
2.  The area behind Botham's Hall, accessible from the roundabout.
3. North of Ringstones Clough on the east side of the A6, again accessible from the Ringstones industrial estate
All three of these sites have the advantage of being on the Stockport side of Whaley so that commuter traffic would not clog the village.  But school traffic might unless the development included a new school.

question was asked...........................where are the brownfield sites in whaley??????????????????????????davethescope then replies with 3 greenfield sites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!buffoon???????????????????????????

davethescope  
#22 Posted : 15 April 2014 20:13:00(UTC)
davethescope

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jack Go to Quoted Post
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!buffoon??????????????????????????? 

Jealousy does not become you, Jack.   If you study diligently - read improving books and take night classes - then, within a few years, you might rise to the level of buffoon.
The optimist believes that Whaley Bridge is the best place in the world to live. The pessimist fears he might be correct.
Horwich Ender  
#23 Posted : 19 April 2014 11:40:39(UTC)
Horwich Ender

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Good afternoon.

High Peak Borough Council have voted in favour of publishing a revised version of the Local Plan which still includes C9.

Both Cllr Pritchard and Cllr Lomax spoke out and voted against the proposal but were defeated and the submission version of the Local Plan will be published on April 23.

Further details can be found here:

http://www.buxtonadvertiser.co.uk/news/local/council-approves-revised-high-peak-local-plan-1-6550668

dougie  
#24 Posted : 29 April 2014 07:56:38(UTC)
dougie

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Again, I read "whaley Bridge matters" on facebook and prevent myself from asking to join the group, due to its clearly NIMBY outlook, citing the landowner of C9 s morality and the lack of consideration for local infrastructure to support the development. We would all like the world to stand still,...to live in a peak district eutopia where e can escape the "growth" so beloved of politicians. Unfortunately, I am a realist, and look around at a small town, (not a village I suspect for at least 30 years) where a significant part of the population have chosen to have families. I applaud and join these people in their choice of venue. However, I find it ironic, when on occasion, my return from a busy night shift is often hindered by the very fraternity who are so vociferous in their condemnation of the C9 development, and its impact on congestion in the "centre of the village", as they drop their children off at school on Buxton Rd. I am not condemning their right to breed, per se, but feel their views are more than slightly hypocritical.

To take the issue to a more holistic level: where do they wish their children to live when they eventually fly the nest? Are they to move to affordable housing in Manchester brownfield sites? They are very vocal on how these properties are not "affordable" and indeed I have even seen comments that there is no guarantee that they will be available to "the right sort of people",......whatever that may mean.

The affordability or otherwise of starter homes to the young is not a problem for Whaley Bridge in isolation,....it is a reflection on the nation as a whole; and pretending that financial limitations only affect the young in this area is a work of fantasy.

Whether the pressure group and its efforts to halt the development are truly representative of the true strength of feeling seems to becoming an irrelevance as the development seems poised to go ahead. Isn't this time to bend with the wind, and approach the developer to get a best deal for the existing occupants of houses on Macc Rd?, Parking is a huge issue on Macc Rd as it is. I lived there for 12 years. Surely the prudent move would be to try to tie Gladmans down to providing parking behind the existing properties on Macc Rd?

I expect criticism for this input, but I stand by my observations: Its still is and still will be a beautiful place,.....but surely its time to take heads out of the sand and look at the possibility of a "third way" to make any changes as advantageous as possible.
Whaley Laner  
#25 Posted : 30 April 2014 09:17:02(UTC)
Whaley Laner

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
There are lots of suitable sites to build new houses in Whaley Bridge. In my opinion C9 is not one of them.
davethescope  
#26 Posted : 30 April 2014 21:09:25(UTC)
davethescope

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Whaley Laner Go to Quoted Post
There are lots of suitable sites to build new houses in Whaley Bridge. In my opinion C9 is not one of them.

I quite agree.  I have listed several and been branded a buffoon for so doing...   But I wish I could get a definitive answer to my question as to whether the consent of the landowners is required before land can be put in the plan.  If it is, it could be that the majority of landowners in Whaley are opposed to development and are withholding permission.,

Edited by user 01 May 2014 06:52:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

The optimist believes that Whaley Bridge is the best place in the world to live. The pessimist fears he might be correct.
Rusty  
#27 Posted : 01 May 2014 06:54:52(UTC)
Rusty

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: dougie Go to Quoted Post
Again, I read "whaley Bridge matters" on facebook and prevent myself from asking to join the group, due to its clearly NIMBY outlook, citing the landowner of C9 s morality and the lack of consideration for local infrastructure to support the development. We would all like the world to stand still,...to live in a peak district eutopia where e can escape the "growth" so beloved of politicians. Unfortunately, I am a realist, and look around at a small town, (not a village I suspect for at least 30 years) where a significant part of the population have chosen to have families. I applaud and join these people in their choice of venue. However, I find it ironic, when on occasion, my return from a busy night shift is often hindered by the very fraternity who are so vociferous in their condemnation of the C9 development, and its impact on congestion in the "centre of the village", as they drop their children off at school on Buxton Rd. I am not condemning their right to breed, per se, but feel their views are more than slightly hypocritical.

To take the issue to a more holistic level: where do they wish their children to live when they eventually fly the nest? Are they to move to affordable housing in Manchester brownfield sites? They are very vocal on how these properties are not "affordable" and indeed I have even seen comments that there is no guarantee that they will be available to "the right sort of people",......whatever that may mean.

The affordability or otherwise of starter homes to the young is not a problem for Whaley Bridge in isolation,....it is a reflection on the nation as a whole; and pretending that financial limitations only affect the young in this area is a work of fantasy.

Whether the pressure group and its efforts to halt the development are truly representative of the true strength of feeling seems to becoming an irrelevance as the development seems poised to go ahead. Isn't this time to bend with the wind, and approach the developer to get a best deal for the existing occupants of houses on Macc Rd?, Parking is a huge issue on Macc Rd as it is. I lived there for 12 years. Surely the prudent move would be to try to tie Gladmans down to providing parking behind the existing properties on Macc Rd?

I expect criticism for this input, but I stand by my observations: Its still is and still will be a beautiful place,.....but surely its time to take heads out of the sand and look at the possibility of a "third way" to make any changes as advantageous as possible.

Reading Gladman's planning application it acknowledges that the proposed estate would create a large increase in traffic. Gladman go on to say that to limit this increase in traffic there will be 'managed parking'. No doubt this means there won't be enough parking spaces for the residents (it does not mention visitors) and has the potential to increase the number of cars parked on Macc rd.
Rusty  
#28 Posted : 01 May 2014 11:48:29(UTC)
Rusty

United Kingdom

Gladman planning application also states that the 30% 'affordable homes' (32 in total) will include 26 affordable rented homes.
davethescope  
#29 Posted : 01 May 2014 18:54:32(UTC)
davethescope

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Rusty Go to Quoted Post
Gladman planning application also states that the 30% 'affordable homes' (32 in total) will include 26 affordable rented homes.

Is there a formal definition of "affordable home" ?
Rusty  
#30 Posted : 02 May 2014 05:04:51(UTC)
Rusty

United Kingdom

Here is a link to Gladman's planning application.
The affordable housing statement is the 3rd attachment:
http://planning.highpeak...earchServlet?PKID=162384

The following description is made in the planning statement attachment:

Affordable Housing
9.3.1 The application proposal will deliver 30% affordable housing on site which will immediately assist the Borough in helping to begin to remediate the shortage of affordable homes within the Borough.
9.3.2 80% of the homes will be affordable social rented, with the remaining 20% being intermediate housing. The delivery and phasing of affordable housing on the site will be outlined and secured by a Section 106 agreement.
CReWdog  
#31 Posted : 09 May 2014 19:31:01(UTC)
CReWdog

However Gladman present this I've a feeling they'll eventually get what they want in the end. If the council reject the application (as I'm sure they will) then Gladman will no doubt win on appeal by ticking a lot of the boxes that are required - affordable housing, jobs, extra council tax revenue etc. How much would it cost the council to lose on appeal?

Interesting to see the term "managed parking" being used, what the hell is that supposed to mean exactly? That they're building 100 houses & only providing parking for 60 of them? In the real world, that statement alone should ensure that this development goes no further. Is their thinking that the "poor" people who buy these "affordable houses" won't have enough money left to have a car anyway?

No doubt I'll get flamed for this radical suggestion but, probably the only way of reducing the bottleneck at the lights at Howich End would be to remove them altogether & replace with a roundabout. Obviously the pub, the old bank, the shops at the end of Macc Rd, the barbers, the RBS & the next door shops would all have to be cleared to allow enough room for the roundabout itself & the modified road layout. Maybe the council could insist that the cost of all this is secured, upfront, by the Section 106 agreement.
sfmans  
#32 Posted : 10 May 2014 11:24:47(UTC)
sfmans

Man

Originally Posted by: CReWdog Go to Quoted Post
No doubt I'll get flamed for this radical suggestion but, probably the only way of reducing the bottleneck at the lights at Howich End would be to remove them altogether & replace with a roundabout. Obviously the pub, the old bank, the shops at the end of Macc Rd, the barbers, the RBS & the next door shops would all have to be cleared to allow enough room for the roundabout itself & the modified road layout. Maybe the council could insist that the cost of all this is secured, upfront, by the Section 106 agreement.

Well I hope this won't be regarded as a 'flame', but that wouldn't really solve anything than the perceived delay in getting through the lights - traffic would still need to negotiate the parked cars on Buxton Road between the lights/roundabout and The Cock. Unless you're also going to propose demolishing most of the housing on the park side of Buxton Road to widen the road ... 

Sadly Gladman will almost certainly get their way on C9, because the cards are stacked against HPBC. What we should be doing, rather than getting into petty local internecine scraps, is starting to organise now so that the national government, who are after all the ones who have deliberately created the chaos in local planning laws that Gladman are exploiting, are replaced at the first opportunity.
Jack  
#33 Posted : 12 May 2014 09:06:15(UTC)
Jack

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: davethescope Go to Quoted Post
Land adjacent to the east of Bings Road between numbers 25 and 61
I own most of that land and the only building I would tolerate there would be new stables or a single luxury house for my own retirement

so davethescope thinks its ok to build houses at hockerley bothams hall and ringstones......................but not next to his house.......................NIMBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY 
davethescope  
#34 Posted : 12 May 2014 22:22:32(UTC)
davethescope

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Jack Go to Quoted Post
so davethescope thinks its ok to build houses at hockerley bothams hall and ringstones......................but not next to his house.......................NIMBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY 

Yes, Jack, I am an unashamed NIMBY.   But the difference is that I am prepared to loose money for the sake of my piece and quiet.   A considerable sum of money since my few acres would be worth a six figure sum as building land.
Horwich Ender  
#35 Posted : 19 July 2014 15:16:50(UTC)
Horwich Ender

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Good afternoon.

High Peak Borough councillors have voted unanimously that the Local Plan, which includes C9, should go forward and be submitted to the Secretary of State for assessment.

http://www.buxtonadvertiser.co.uk/news/local/local-plan-finally-takes-a-step-forward-1-6736643