logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ferni  
#21 Posted : 24 April 2012 14:10:14(UTC)
Ferni

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I didn't want to post anything negative; teething problems are inevitable in any new venture. The only criticism we had was of the service. I've waited on in many establishments over the years so can say with some conviction that our young waiter must have only started his job that day. I've never presented or been presented with the bill 'verbally'. A bit taken aback at the lack of platter with neatly folded bill, we were more shocked when the waiter advised '£31.50 please...' like it was goods we'd just purchased in a shop.! ..... not even a mint imperial either :) ---- it's not a big issue and I'm sure it'll improve.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly, and listen to others -even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
moogie  
#22 Posted : 25 April 2012 09:56:03(UTC)
moogie

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)

i do agree , poor service can totaly ruin a meal even if the food was out of this world, its all about the full experience you pay for.

moogie  
#23 Posted : 09 May 2012 12:59:28(UTC)
moogie

Well I did not make it in for a meal.....

But did get a take away on Sunday......and it was deffinitly the best I have had in the area...In paticular the Channa Dhal, and chicken tika dish I had

It was pricey for a take away, but got 10% discount for this.....and came in what I can only descibe as the 'posh'est take away bag ever!'

all in all ...a very good feed and filled me to the point of not being able to peel myself of the sofa for most of the night!

NevClarke  
#24 Posted : 09 May 2012 18:04:51(UTC)
NevClarke

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
We had a meal there on Sunday, Goan Fish Curry (monk-fish n case you were wondering) for me and Paneer Lababdar for Zara, both delicious. Lemon Rice (with was a lot more extraordinary than it sounds) and a really beautiful Shiraz (at a very reasonable price) to go with it. We also took away a doggy bag in what we would also describe as the poshest takeaway bag we've ever seen.

Would highly recommend a visit, including a glowing endorsement for all the food choices that we had and the service. Staff were very friendly and welcoming. For those reports of poor service that have been posted, chatting to one of the owners it seems that they've struggled finding staff; so those that are there are putting in a lot of hours and most of the others are new to the trade. All I'd say is that everyone has to start somewhere so give them time.

“It all sounds like the sort of scheme Elmer Fudd might dream up while drunk.”

Nev Clarke
clarkenev@gmail.com
Horwich Ender  
#25 Posted : 18 May 2012 19:57:50(UTC)
Horwich Ender

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Good evening.

Although I have not yet visited Zayka I have spoken to people who have and the consensus of opinion is the food is excellent, the service is on the slow side and the prices are expensive when compared to other restaurants in Whaley.

I will wait until Chairman Jon the Whaley One gives us his review of his evening at Zayka before I try out the new establishment.

Chairman Jon has an excellent reputation for providing detailed and unbiased opinion which is evidenced by his review of Furness Vale Chippy.

http://www.whaleybridge.net/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=96&p=3

Horwich Ender  
#26 Posted : 23 July 2014 17:32:50(UTC)
Horwich Ender

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Good evening.

Congratulations to Zayka on being crowned the best South Asian restaurant in the East Midlands region:

http://www.buxtonadvertiser.co.uk/news/local/awards-success-for-whaley-bridge-restaurant-1-6739427

moogie  
#27 Posted : 24 July 2014 11:34:39(UTC)
moogie

yum yum......they aint wrong.....well deserved!!
Whaley Laner  
#28 Posted : 04 August 2014 09:37:57(UTC)
Whaley Laner

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It's good to see our MP Andrew Bingham going out of his way to promote a business in Whaley Bridge.