logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
deazy69  
#1 Posted : 18 March 2012 13:30:24(UTC)
deazy69

Groups: Member

Thursday 5th April 2012 at 7.30pm

Mary and Max (12) 2009

Mary is an 8 year old outcast living in the suburbs of Melbourne. On a whim, she chooses a name at random in a phone book and sends off a letter asking about life on the other side of the world. The letter is received by Max, an overweight depressive in his 40's living in New York. A friendship is born as the pair exchange letters over the next 20 years offering each other support, advice and the chance to see life through another set of eyes. Darkly funny animation with the voices of Toni Collette and Philip Seymour Hoffman.  92mins

Homemade cakes available from 7pm at each showing

You can make reservations for any of the film showings in Whaley Bridge by emailing us at whaleyfilms@hotmail.co.uk

All film showings take place on the FIRST Thursday of the month at the Railway Pub, Whaley Bridge.

deazy69  
#2 Posted : 31 March 2012 15:40:17(UTC)
deazy69

I know animation isn't everyone's cup of tea but I've seen this film and it's really moving and funny. I really hope people will come along and check it out. Trust me...

deazy69  
#3 Posted : 23 April 2012 16:27:44(UTC)
deazy69

My plea for people to give animation a chance possibly fell on stony ground or maybe we were affected by the Easter holidays?

I'd be really interested to know if the thought of an animated film puts people off. Those that did attend gave very positive feedback.

So.... share your thoughts...