logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
THE CROW  
#1 Posted : 30 June 2013 06:43:39(UTC)
THE CROW

Groups: Member

I may be wrong here but as far as I am aware the only pub to make an effort yesterday was The Shepherds,I remember when all the pubs used to dress up as far back as 30 odd years now.The pubs are quite happy to make a heap of cash from The Carnival and not put anything back,maybe next year.
Kippax  
#2 Posted : 01 July 2013 09:53:01(UTC)
Kippax

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
It was a great shame the pubs did not make an effort and lets hope this changes in the future. The carnival as a whole was a tremendous success and was the best for years helped by good weather. The only constructive criticism of the event I heard was there was not much for the teenagers who are not old enough to go in pubs but are too old for the kiddies rides at the Bowling Club. Apparently this has been taken on board and will be rectified next year. The new Rose Queen Committee deserve great credit for breathing new life into Whaley's traditional and premier event. Whoever arranged for the flypast by a Spitfire will get my nomination for the Town Council's Annual Community Award. This event has really put Whaley back on the map. 
Whaley Laner  
#3 Posted : 03 July 2013 09:30:41(UTC)
Whaley Laner

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

The Rose Queen Festival was fantastic this year. Congratulations must go to all those who organised and participated in this wonderful event.
Kippax  
#4 Posted : 04 July 2014 12:32:09(UTC)
Kippax

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: THE CROW Go to Quoted Post
I may be wrong here but as far as I am aware the only pub to make an effort yesterday was The Shepherds,I remember when all the pubs used to dress up as far back as 30 odd years now.The pubs are quite happy to make a heap of cash from The Carnival and not put anything back,maybe next year.

I don't think any of the pubs - even the Sheps -made an effort to decorate their pubs this year but apart from the lack of enthusiasm from the pub landlords the carnival was another success and the flypast by the Hurricane was fabulous.