logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Whaley Ash  
#1 Posted : 13 July 2014 12:05:05(UTC)
Whaley Ash

Groups: Member
Man

Hi all

I came home yesterday to find a letter through my door from Wright Marshall (Estate Agents) advertising a forthcoming sale of land off Reservoir Rd that will take place on the 24th July. The guide price is £20-40k. It's basically all the land to the right-hand side as you walk up the 'The Ginnel' from Reservoir Rd to the steps half-way up. 'The Ginnel' is the path near the sub-station, lying opposite the wooden footbridge over the reservoir bypass channel - this is about 150 yards further on than a similar bridge which leads to the dam.

I was rather amused to see that the plan includes a 'pond' at the bottom of the plot by Reservoir Rd. As far as I can see, there appears to be no mention whatsoever of the mine shaft that lies beneath said pond, down which the water formerly drained, by somewhat circuitous routes, up until only a few years ago. The shaft is definitely still there, fenced off and with its National Coal Board sign barely visible. Clearly something changed to alter the drainage pattern and create the 'pond'. This may simple have been a collapse of the old shaft or associated coal workings, though it may also have had something to do with the hole which opened up in the park about 4 years back. This was on the sough that drained the mine workings, and which exits into the river nearby. It would be interesting to know what liabilities, if any, come with said mine shaft.
Horwich Ender  
#2 Posted : 21 July 2014 18:52:08(UTC)
Horwich Ender

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

For those who are interested, the auction is to be held on Thursday at 7 pm:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-45312325.html