logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Wanderer returns  
#21 Posted : 06 August 2014 20:59:02(UTC)
Wanderer returns

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
The village is a dust bowl but perhaps the rain coming down as I type will solve this. Could someone explain if this the end product of the "resurfacing" or is there more to come?
Jonny Summers  
#22 Posted : 27 August 2014 16:32:26(UTC)
Jonny Summers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Only in the UK would you get workmen marking lines ON TOP of loose chippings!!! Surely someone should have the sense to arrange to properly sweep the road first?!
Horwich Ender  
#23 Posted : 28 August 2014 19:42:02(UTC)
Horwich Ender

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jonny Summers Go to Quoted Post
The other major problem with irresponsible parking, as mentioned on other threads, is all the way from Market Street & Buxton Road up to the traffic lights. Vehicles were just queuing all the way back beyond Bridge Street & again down towards Tesco. The sooner double-yellows down one side are sorted the better!!!

Good evening.

Another accident today on Buxton Road requiring the attendance of three police cars and an ambulance.

Apparently a contributory factor once more was the parking of vehicles on both sides of the road between the Male Hen and White Horse.

How long will it take before this problem, which could very easily be fixed, is rectified?

davethescope  
#24 Posted : 29 August 2014 17:25:29(UTC)
davethescope

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Horwich Ender Go to Quoted Post
How long will it take before this problem, which could very easily be fixed, is rectified?

I fear it will need a death before anything is done.
The optimist believes that Whaley Bridge is the best place in the world to live. The pessimist fears he might be correct.
Horwich Ender  
#25 Posted : 06 September 2014 13:33:22(UTC)
Horwich Ender

Norm  
#26 Posted : 11 October 2014 11:43:48(UTC)
Norm

Man

Hi

Drove through Whaley today. I see they have put markings on the road under bridge 42 to guide high sided vehicles.

It's a pity that people seem to think this is a place to park between the kerb and the white line. I suggest good old yellow lines are required for numptees.

PS Lovely smell of bacon near the Mechanics.
Jonny Summers  
#27 Posted : 11 October 2014 17:32:11(UTC)
Jonny Summers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Totally agree! Even worse than the numpty's thinking these are parking bays are the ones who follow the lines into the middle of the road, almost causing head-on crashes.....as witnessed yesterday morning!!! So maybe central white lines are also needed?
Whaley Laner  
#28 Posted : 19 October 2014 13:31:17(UTC)
Whaley Laner

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It is worrying how many people think the white lines under the bridge are parking bays.
nce  
#29 Posted : 20 October 2014 20:24:48(UTC)
nce

Those lines are dangerous. I don't understand the need for them. A lot of drivers use them to guide their cars, and they look exactly like parking bays - so the behaviour described here is to be expected. Whomever came up with that needs a stiff talking to and the lines need to be removed. I would imagine that the chances of that happening are zero, so look forward to a head-on collision some time soon. 

And I realise that motorcyclists are in a minority, but the gravel remaining from that resurfacing job is all over the place and remains a bit iffy for those on two wheels. Chance of that being proactively sorted out beyond waiting for a LOT of rain is probably also zero. 
davethescope  
#30 Posted : 21 October 2014 13:26:43(UTC)
davethescope

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: nce Go to Quoted Post
Those lines are dangerous. I don't understand the need for them. A lot of drivers use them to guide their cars, and they look exactly like parking bays - so the behaviour described here is to be expected. Whomever came up with that needs a stiff talking to and the lines need to be removed. I would imagine that the chances of that happening are zero, so look forward to a head-on collision some time soon. 

Double yellow lines and cross hatching would seem to be the most appropriate markings
The optimist believes that Whaley Bridge is the best place in the world to live. The pessimist fears he might be correct.