logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Wanderer returns  
#1 Posted : 06 August 2014 21:00:46(UTC)
Wanderer returns

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Just to let you know I've has a letter to inform me that the overhead electricity cables at the top of Whaley Lane are to be replaced by underground ones. The bad news is that from the 11th when the work starts there will be temporary traffic lights for.............6 weeks
Wanderer returns  
#2 Posted : 30 October 2014 05:52:56(UTC)
Wanderer returns

So the lights went but are now back and the holes have multiplied! Yesterday I waited patiently for the green light only to meet the digger half way through, by the time it had moved the lights had changed and I was confronted with irate drivers coming the other way. Not sure how the people in the houses opposite the kennels are supposed to pull out as they have no idea which way the traffic is coming and it's impossible for them to turn right due to the holes. Does anyone have any idea how long they are there for?
CReWdog  
#3 Posted : 02 November 2014 05:23:50(UTC)
CReWdog

Your guess is as good as mine, weeks I think rather than a few days. The "numerous holes" are there to allow houses to be coupled to the new cables that run under the road. Some of the poles are going, the ones with street lights on, those that share with BT & those where power is taken from the top of the pole to houses via overhead lines are staying. When everyone will be coupled up, no idea. I suspect that the generator will be used again for a day at least while they everyone is connected to the new supply.
Wanderer returns  
#4 Posted : 03 November 2014 17:58:28(UTC)
Wanderer returns

Over the weekend someone saw fit to push most of the safety barriers into the actual holes which have been build - very dangerous as they are no lit and a car could easily catch the edge of a hole as they take up half the road in places. No sign of any work men today.........