logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
shallcross  
#21 Posted : 24 November 2010 18:54:15(UTC)
shallcross

Groups: Member

Hi Barrwalk

Your absolutely correct, when you hold a public office you have a responsibility and need to gain respect, in my experience that includes responding to peoples problems and requests along with openess and accountability, otherwise it just looks as if there is something to hide.

I know that whatever a Councilor does, some will be in favour some will not, so it is a hard job to balance and it may always feel as though no one is satisfied but Minutes should be available for residents to peruse within a week of the meetings so that comment can be raised.

Whaley is very lucky to still have a parish Council, which should be fighting to achieve the best for the Town at every opportunity,Buxton should be a warning to all, once you loose it you loose the local aspect, in much the same way as the Borough Council now being administered from Staffordshire.

At some point people who choose to be a public servant but don't serve the community, will be removed, nothing is forever.

Shallcross
tyke  
#22 Posted : 24 November 2010 19:43:34(UTC)
tyke

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Just out of curiosity , does anybody know when are the councillors up for election again? Surely 2011 must be their year and will anybody actually put their names forward to stand so we get a vote.

Over the hill but not far away  
#23 Posted : 24 November 2010 20:07:08(UTC)
Over the hill but not far away

Mr Tyke,

As you well know in some aspects of local society there is much apathy and I think that you will find that the queue outside the Mechanics is much longer for coffee morning applications than it is for prospective town council candidates.

We live in a democracy and it is time perhaps for those that are unhappy, to offer to take the helm.  I understand that there may be vacancies in May 2011.  It will be interesting to see who joins the queue - roll up folks, a chance for your "fifteen minutes" and to look into the purse to see just what can be achieved with the contents therein.

Details of responsibilities can be found here http://www.whaleybridge.com/the-town-council/

Cheers

Oh! And for those for whom the spotlight may be too bright, there are many organisations in town that are open to fresh input, where much can be achieved without the glare.

Edited by user 24 November 2010 22:21:10(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

barrwalk  
#24 Posted : 30 November 2010 10:14:16(UTC)
barrwalk

Man

Hi guys,

This thread is about the Transhipment Warehouse, and important though your coversation is, why not start another thread about vandalism on the tow path?

The purpose of this one was to draw the attention of the Forum members to the tragic loss of the bid to secure a future for the TSW and inform them why it was lost and who lost it.

One word about the storage of a boat remains in the TSW is that there certainly was, and presumablystill is, an old 'tupperware tub' already in there that was I believe 'arrested' by BW many years ago.

towpath tommy  
#25 Posted : 30 November 2010 16:08:16(UTC)
towpath tommy

Man

Hello everyone, I was wondering about that boat and who it belonged to - it can just be seen under the doors. Sad if its just wasting away there?
Towpath Tommy ( Dave Peart ) thinks a day without laughter is a day wasted
Horwich Ender  
#26 Posted : 08 November 2014 16:26:14(UTC)
Horwich Ender

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Good afternoon.

The Transhipment Warehouse remains on English Heritage's at risk register:

http://www.buxtonadvertiser.co.uk/news/local/six-buildings-at-risk-in-high-peak-1-6936104