logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BarryRudd  
#1 Posted : 16 May 2011 21:17:12(UTC)
BarryRudd

Groups: Member

Good evening all,

Just called in to the Furness Field day meeting.  Saw an excellent model of the proposed field development made by a regular forum contributor.

What a great bunch of people all working in harmony to produce a great family afternoon out. I take my hat off to them, which is why W3 and the WBA have been forging links with them to support their event.  Organisations in Whaley Bridge could learn much from their operation..

Sam Gray has already told us about transport.  So we will have a free mini bus but why not do the walk with Denise from the Buxton film group leaving the Canal Basin at 11.30.

Visit the Yurt, watch some live music, eat burgers made in the High Peak.  Bring friends or come alone and meet new ones.

For the first time W3 will have a tent on site to promote the Water Weekend.  People needing free transport back -especially the less able can visit us and we will make the call for you.

I do hope that as many as possible make the trip whatever the weather.  For the first time the live music will be in a large marquee.

See you there

Barry

Edited by user 17 May 2011 22:04:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

sometimes over the hill - but never far away.
Green_Gentleman  
#2 Posted : 19 May 2011 16:47:52(UTC)
Green_Gentleman

Any idea who is on the lineup this year? I may be tempted to go if the weather holds but with the PA setup inside a marquee it doesn't sound like my eardums will appreciate the db's.

NevClarke  
#3 Posted : 20 May 2011 12:54:42(UTC)
NevClarke

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)

C/O David Easton

The bands appearing are Young Guns, Smokin Lucifers, Drugstore Cowboys, One Eyed Pete and Nightyear.  There are a number of additional stands including Whaley Water Weekend and Furness Vale Local History Society.  A range of food and alcoholic and soft drinks will be on sale.

Edited by user 20 May 2011 12:56:18(UTC)  | Reason: Whittled it down to bands

“It all sounds like the sort of scheme Elmer Fudd might dream up while drunk.”

Nev Clarke
clarkenev@gmail.com