logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Horwich Ender  
#1 Posted : 03 October 2013 17:45:01(UTC)
Horwich Ender

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Winner = Janette Cooper of The Railway.

Well done Janette.

Athena  
#2 Posted : 08 November 2013 13:13:10(UTC)
Athena

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Spent last weekend in whaley and had a great time Went in the Cock- dead A group of us then went to the sheps- not my choice- but it was busy and the only space was in the entrance lobby. Scary landlady Sue wasn't there Lounge was full of people and the other room was full of ignorant men and smelly dogs Had to pass through the small room as I couldnt get in the lounge but was immediately barked at by a noisy little spaniel. Struggled to get through because one selfish guy had his dog which looked like a wet fox sat in the middle of the room next to the bar and made no attempt to move it when I tried to pass He looked at me as though I shouldn't have been there I got past this dog only because someone else moved but then had to get past a muzzled labrador which was blocking the other door The smell of the dogs was horrible and how people can sit with that I dont know The one plus point of the pub was Dave behind the bar – very cute After one drink we left and went to the Railway. The bar staff are great in here and we had a good laugh  Next stop was the Hart. The pub was buzzing and is getting back to what it used to be- the best pub in whaley If you haven't been in the Hart for a while try it out Phil and Wendy are doing a great job and it now gets my vote as best pub in whaley. Dave in the sheps gets my vote as best barperson     

Jack  
#3 Posted : 09 November 2013 14:01:57(UTC)
Jack

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Athena Go to Quoted Post
Spent last weekend in whaley and had a great time Went in the Cock- dead A group of us then went to the sheps- not my choice- but it was busy and the only space was in the entrance lobby. Scary landlady Sue wasn't there Lounge was full of people and the other room was full of ignorant men and smelly dogs Had to pass through the small room as I couldnt get in the lounge but was immediately barked at by a noisy little spaniel. Struggled to get through because one selfish guy had his dog which looked like a wet fox sat in the middle of the room next to the bar and made no attempt to move it when I tried to pass He looked at me as though I shouldn't have been there I got past this dog only because someone else moved but then had to get past a muzzled labrador which was blocking the other door The smell of the dogs was horrible and how people can sit with that I dont know The one plus point of the pub was Dave behind the bar – very cute After one drink we left and went to the Railway. The bar staff are great in here and we had a good laugh  Next stop was the Hart. The pub was buzzing and is getting back to what it used to be- the best pub in whaley If you haven't been in the Hart for a while try it out Phil and Wendy are doing a great job and it now gets my vote as best pub in whaley. Dave in the sheps gets my vote as best barperson     

Suggestion.............if you dont like the sheps dont go in......................The problem with the sheps isnt the dogs its whos allowed in there. How long before Karen Spencer on a friday night is moved from footsteps to the smoking shelter at the sheps??????????????????