logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RockBanker  
#1 Posted : 28 June 2013 22:41:00(UTC)
RockBanker

Groups: Member
Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Does anyone know what is happening about the temporary traffic lights at Gin Clough Mill on the Macc road? They seem to have been there for a long time now, protecting a small pile of stones that have fallen from a wall. I have tried searching the Cheshire East council website without avail. I may be naive, but I imagine the rental costs of these lights must be now much greater than the cost of employing someone to pick the stones off the road. Is there some structural problems? Or is it some daft insurance issue that no one will take responsibility for?

Oh, and while we are on the subject of the Macc road, does anyone know what is happening to the Highwayman and Bulls Head at Kett?

Rock "Yellow Alert" Banker

TheShallcrossCode@hotmail.co.uk
davethescope  
#2 Posted : 29 June 2013 08:06:51(UTC)
davethescope

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RockBanker Go to Quoted Post
Oh, and while we are on the subject of the Macc road, does anyone know what is happening to the Highwayman and Bulls Head at Kett?

AIUI the widow of the last landlord of the Bull is still living there and has no wish to reopen it.   Presumably she will, after the appropriate interval. apply for formal change of use.

Thwaithes have put in a planning application to turn the Highwayman into a five bedroom dwelling    http://pam.peakdistrict.gov.uk/?r=NP/CEC/1211/1274

W
ith the loss of the Rising Sun in Rainow that reduces the number of pubs between Horwich End and Hurdsfield from 5 to 2
The optimist believes that Whaley Bridge is the best place in the world to live. The pessimist fears he might be correct.
Jonny Summers  
#3 Posted : 30 June 2013 17:25:13(UTC)
Jonny Summers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I couldn't agree more RockBanker. I travel this road everyday & can't believe that these lights are still there from January (we think) A few weeks ago I contacted Cheshire East Highways Dept, who didn't seem to know anything about it. I could get these stones moved in "minutes", so can't understand what the issue is, and in the meantime all commuters are held up every day with no signs of any work being carried out. Can anyone offer a proper explanation?..... & not a guess please, as I've plenty of "maybe it's to do with...."
pensionman  
#4 Posted : 01 July 2013 08:02:00(UTC)
pensionman

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I went past at 3.30 pm yesterday & a small mini-skip was there taking up half the road, so work has commenced.

Jonny Summers  
#5 Posted : 01 July 2013 16:45:58(UTC)
Jonny Summers

Incredible isn't it, after months of in-action, someone is now working on what looks like a rebuild of the wall: perhaps they were reading the forum;)
RockBanker  
#6 Posted : 02 July 2013 05:25:57(UTC)
RockBanker

Man

Originally Posted by: Jonny Summers Go to Quoted Post
Incredible isn't it, after months of in-action, someone is now working on what looks like a rebuild of the wall: perhaps they were reading the forum;)

Perhaps I am developing mystic powers... Now why is it I never win the Euro Millions........ 

Jonny Summers  
#7 Posted : 11 July 2013 16:21:01(UTC)
Jonny Summers

Oh, joy of joys...... they've gone!!!!
RockBanker  
#8 Posted : 07 February 2014 20:35:32(UTC)
RockBanker

Man

Originally Posted by: davethescope Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RockBanker Go to Quoted Post

AIUI the widow of the last landlord of the Bull is still living there and has no wish to reopen it.   Presumably she will, after the appropriate interval. apply for formal change of use.

Thwaithes have put in a planning application to turn the Highwayman into a five bedroom dwelling    http://pam.peakdistrict.gov.uk/?r=NP/CEC/1211/1274

W
ith the loss of the Rising Sun in Rainow that reduces the number of pubs between Horwich End and Hurdsfield from 5 to 2

I note the Bull's Head is now on the market as a residential property. 

http://www.rightmove.co....71368.html?premiumA=true