logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DLS1977  
#1 Posted : 15 April 2014 19:48:37(UTC)
DLS1977

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
If your child was out and about in Whaley Bridge tonight, it is a great shame they may be one of the morons who at about 8:20 was ripping up the security netting and starting to beat the new playground equipment with the poles they had pulled up.

The main culprit was called "Rhodsey / Roady" by the group, about 6'2'', thin with eyes far to small for his head. He had a black rucksack and a ball, possibly an american football or something.

I challenged him and after the usual profanities they walked off towards the village down Reservoir Road. I reported this to the police on the non emergency number and they were dispatching an officer. 

I must point out this was a minority, there were loads of kids in the skate park, making use of the facilities and causing no issues what so ever. It is just a real shame that a minority have to spoil it for the rest. This is the second time I've had to confront youths vandalising the park. At this rate, it will be ruined before we get to enjoy it.

Jonny Summers  
#2 Posted : 15 April 2014 20:16:46(UTC)
Jonny Summers

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The experience I have with this number is that you probably got through to someone in "Swadlincote" saying "Stalybridge?, Whalley Range?, where did you say again?.... is that in Derbyshire?" So I don't hold out much hope that the boys in blue got 'em, but let's hope that somebody knows this person & they come forward. Well done for challenging them: too many people walk on by