logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
parabuild  
#1 Posted : 06 March 2010 07:31:23(UTC)
parabuild

Groups: Member
Man

Mrs Curious recently posted a link to a useful web site and I am repeating it below.  I have a number of web sites that I visit regularly and I am listing some of those below.  I will add further links later.  Perhaps other members  have favourite web sites that they would like to recommend.

The Industrial Heritage Of Britain.  Much local information. Thank you Mrs. C ...............................www.pittdixon.go-plus.net/index.htm

Whaley Bridge-caught on film. Aerial photos from 1979.....................................................................members.multimania.co.uk/WebFlint/whaley/

Picture The Past.  Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire photo archive..................................................www.picturethepast.org.uk/

Picture New Mills.  Searchable photo archive........................................................................................www.picturenewmills.org.uk/

Historical Directories. Huge archive of trade directories includes this area. Not easy to navigate.   www.historicaldirectories.org/hd/

National Trust Peak District.  Includes a photo gallery................................................................................peakdistrict.nationaltrust.org.uk/

David Kitching. Includes Bugsworth Basin, Poynton Collieries etc...........................................................www.brocross.com/

Peak District Mines Historical Society.  Extensive local mining archive....................................................www.pdmhs.com/

A Vision Of Britain Through Time. Searchable historical data....................................................................www.visionofbritain.org.uk/index.jsp

Manchester Local Image Collection. Huge photo archive including a few local scenes.................... www.images.manchester.gov.uk/

The Guardian Archive. Free access by logging in with "DCC" followed by library card number or small 9 digit number from bottom of gold card

proquest.umi.com/pqdweb

Picture Cheshire.  Photographic archive for our neighbouring county....................................................  www.picturecheshire.org.uk/index.php

Discover Derbyshire Links Page Long list of further links to useful web sites...................................www.derbyshire-peakdistrict.co.uk/links2.htm

Bygone Derbyshire Includes a photo archive but mostly about Derby....................................................www.bygonederbyshire.co.uk/home

White's 1857 Directory of Derbyshire.  Over 1000 pages of records.........................................................www.n.f.wilson.btinternet.co.uk/

Disley Home Page. Includes Whaley census records etc..........................................................................www.disley.net/index.htm

Springbank Guesthouse.   Couldn't forget this page of Whaley Bridge links..........................................www.whaleybridge.org.uk/

Edited by user 23 March 2010 08:38:07(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified