logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lord cornflake  
#1 Posted : 04 May 2009 22:03:45(UTC)
lord cornflake

Groups: Member

i am terribly disappointed with certain things on this forum.I dont expect to click on a topic only to see three posts then suddenly the topic  turns into the Jake and Stephenson smythe show,if you must insist on idol and boring banter please gather each others E mail address and leave us all to get on with reading interesting and poignant posts instead of your inane drivel.

Jake  
#2 Posted : 05 May 2009 06:54:58(UTC)

Groups: Guest

Ah a bite I've been waiting for you.

So your a reader that does not like inane drivel, thats fine so what's the topic you would like to discuss.

I can handle criticism and unlike you some people are amused by the banter Gnatalee seems ok with it.

Regarding e-mails please see the topic "Another football team " and my post of Friday 1sy May at 4.13. you will find we do communicate that way as well.

Don't shoot the contributor when you only stand on the sidelines.

Make your points.

Jake

Edited by user 05 May 2009 07:16:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lord cornflake  
#3 Posted : 05 May 2009 09:46:18(UTC)
lord cornflake

i think your missing the point jake,i dont mind banter but every topic seems to end with you r.s.s. and fedup taking over and dominating them with utter drivel.i will make a post when i think a post is worth making until then i shall keep yawning at the waffling trio.

Jake  
#4 Posted : 05 May 2009 10:34:44(UTC)

Well Lord Cornflake

Firstly let me apologise if you feel that R. S-S, Fedup and I are too prominent on the forum, I can only speak for myself and I am just trying to make it light hearted and encourage contributors to the forum perhaps I am going about it the wrong way.

I know you have made yourself clear and you obviously think this is not the best way to do this and as I am not narrow minded I am certainly open to suggestions as to how to take the forum forward.

However you generally tend to catch more flies with humour rather than complaining about things, it is a shame you don’t see our inane drivel as humour but some like Gnatelee obviously do.

My experience tells me that when making conversation with groups of people the original topic is quite often high jacked at some point as people do take the conversation off in other directions, in my opinion it is a fact of life and although sometimes it can be very frustrating.

I take your point about the Jake & Stephenson Smythe show but as I have said we appear to be the only act in town, it’s just a shame you think it is so poor, by the way I'm sure you are not on your own.

Although you seem to have your reservations about joining in, perhaps I could encourage you to re think your position, bring a friend there is plenty of room on the stage for a double act with superior comic skills.

Strangely enough nobody forces you to read our postings you could always bypass them, now theirs a thought.

I apologise if I have offended you in any way at all it was not my intention I was just having a laugh as I saw it.

Jake

Edited by user 05 May 2009 10:48:47(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gnatalee  
#5 Posted : 05 May 2009 11:19:52(UTC)
Gnatalee

"An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site.  .......

People participating in an Internet forum can build bonds with each other and interest groups will easily form around a topic's discussion, subjects dealt with in or around sections in the forum."

The above is taken from the Wikipaedia definition of an internet forum. 

As an outsider, I for one have found this forum helpful, interesting and funny.

I was sorry to read that Mr Cornflake thinks the postings aren't appropriate but perhaps he would like to submit a posting of his own which is a little more constructive than criticism.  What is wrong with a little idle chit-chat? 

I have done my bit by posting photos of possible interest - over to you Mr Cornflake.  Money where your mouth is time. 

Gnats  

Edited by moderator 05 May 2009 13:47:01(UTC)  | Reason: Removed text/html formatting errors from showing on the page

lord cornflake  
#6 Posted : 05 May 2009 13:57:51(UTC)
lord cornflake

Gnatalee this forum suffered from anger when it was in its old form lets not go down that road again.i was merely saying that i do not think its right for the three stooges to hijack every topic to satisfy there own humour.Surely we can just have a post called Jake and friends where they can go and indulge themselves, but not every single post please God help us.

Jake  
#7 Posted : 05 May 2009 15:40:33(UTC)

Good Idea Silversurfer
Techy  
#8 Posted : 05 May 2009 16:00:09(UTC)

Jake wrote:
Good Idea Silversurfer

Silversurfer???

Jake  
#9 Posted : 05 May 2009 17:02:45(UTC)

I think Lord Cornflake is Silversurfer who contributed to the old forum. no great shakes one way or the other
Fedup  
#10 Posted : 05 May 2009 17:06:40(UTC)
Fedup

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I don't intend to get into arguments - look what happened with the old Forum - but just remember, "use it or lose it". If you look back over the postings on this Forum, you will see that a lot of "guests" have been looking, but very few have joined in or started a topic. I think that we, the "unholy trinity" as you seem to see us, are only trying to keep things moving along. Indeed, I think it was R.S-S who pleaded with people to contribute topics and join in.

I cannot remember you contributing anything to the old Forum, and nothing until today on this Forum (certainly not under Lord Cornflake, slthough Jake obviously thinks you may have contributed under a different pseudonym), so why not stop griping and just join in.

I look forward to your future contributions. It's always good to have some new blood!
lord cornflake  
#11 Posted : 05 May 2009 19:18:39(UTC)
lord cornflake

I can assure you i am not silversurfer although i do know the identity of said person.I think Jake is just oing to throw names at me hoping he guesses correct at some stage.I did however contribute to the old forum but not under this name (which is my real name by the way which is morrison cornflake) im sorry if ive ruffled a few feathers here.PS i have noticed the absence of stephenson smythe on this post when Jake is in his hour of need.I believe jake has been seen in the park wailing my god my god why hast thou forsaken me.

R. Stephenson-Smythe  
#12 Posted : 05 May 2009 22:07:36(UTC)
R. Stephenson-Smythe

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
A very good evening to you Silversurfer,

The reason, well one of them that I have not responded to you is that it does take me quite a while to unravel the content of your contributions. But pattern recognition software helped me out in recognising today’s offerings from you and those that appeared on the old forum.

I certainly do not want to appear to criticise anyone for their grammar, sentence construction and spelling, for everyone has been educated to a higher or lesser degree in life. Unfortunately you appear to have been at the back of the queue when English language was part of the syllabus when you attended school, if indeed you ever did. No matter I can, with a lot of head scratching, just about understand your posts such as they are.

As Harry said you complained that there was a lack of ‘interesting and poignant posts’ and you come back with your own contribution about dog muck. Well I suppose each to his own and dog muck might be interesting and poignant to your good self.

As for Jake he well knows that I will not desert him in his hour of need, no matter what you may infer.

I do not know what your agenda is but you caused me to absent myself from the last forum. Our good friend Incredulous would not be pleased with your current attitude.

I have to go away for a couple of days from tomorrow but when I return I will then post an ‘interesting and poignant’ post about local history (and it will not be about butcher’s shops). I will await your response with great anticipation. Until then try not to ruin this new forum.

R. S-S

lord cornflake wrote:

I can assure you i am not silversurfer although i do know the identity of said person.I think Jake is just oing to throw names at me hoping he guesses correct at some stage.I did however contribute to the old forum but not under this name (which is my real name by the way which is morrison cornflake) im sorry if ive ruffled a few feathers here.PS i have noticed the absence of stephenson smythe on this post when Jake is in his hour of need.I believe jake has been seen in the park wailing my god my god why hast thou forsaken me.

Techy  
#13 Posted : 05 May 2009 23:21:06(UTC)

I would just like to say that our Mr Cornflake is NOT Mr Silversurfer. I know this for a fact to be 100% true, as I know both parties in one way or another!

"God it's starting to sound like the old forum"