logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
snoopy  
#1 Posted : 07 September 2011 07:44:41(UTC)
snoopy

Groups: Member

If you are a new reader or new member please read this.

As with all forums this one attracts members from all walks of life, usually the only constraint is the ability to use the internet. Recently on the history forum there has been an issue with one member whose posts have caused minor arguments. Can I please make it clear to all readers that**, Limestone, bengunn, bluecross and johnsmith are all one person. He is obviously a person this forum can do without, at this moment in time all his aliases are banned. No one should have more than one sign on, that is one of the main rules. When it gets to the point where that person is even supporting and/or replying to himself you have to worry why he does it, of course giving support to himself makes him look a credible person and new readers may not realise that. One recent post even stated he had been warned not to become a member, when he obviously has been for ages, anyone who can lie like that is a clear menace. So please ignore any messages from the five characters/names/aliases above

Can I make it clear that this person's main aim is to discredit and harm the work that certain members put into this wonderful forum, and I don't include myself in that list. I know nothing of Whaley's history, that is why I am on this site. I cannot add to it but I love to read it. My love for it will get me into arguments against such evil people who wish to destroy it, and I don't apologise for that. 

Please join and post, and do your best to ignore any minor skirmishes, unfortunately they happen on forums now and again.

Norm  
#2 Posted : 07 September 2011 21:40:23(UTC)
Norm

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Thank you for this but I really don't want to dwell on it too much.

What I do like about it is this. Only last night, Robert (R.S-S) and I were talking about it and we did not really like the fact that his posts were still on the forum. What that means is that people who are not regulars may read them and believe them. Now little people like us cannot remove them, but at least you have posted a warning.

Norm

buggyite  
#3 Posted : 07 September 2011 22:12:06(UTC)
buggyite

Man

There are some extremely strange coincidences in life!!

Having finished writing my rant the other evening, to calm down I went to read an article about Traction Engines used in Southern Rhodesia on the construction of the Beira Railway.

Imagine my total shock to discover they were based at a place called** !! !!  That magazine very nearly ended up on the fire, I can tell you

Buggyite
I am a yellow factioner!
Whaley Wanderer  
#4 Posted : 08 September 2011 18:05:18(UTC)
Whaley Wanderer

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I believe he lived in Rhodesia - so probably where he got the username from
RockBanker  
#5 Posted : 09 September 2011 11:33:12(UTC)
RockBanker

Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)

I am sorry to be so blunt, but I am hugely dismayed by this thread. I understand that some may have reason to have been annoyed by some of the contributions to the forum, but to describe an individual as evil, and to post information that may allow this person to be identified goes well beyond the bounds of propriety and does nothing to encourage  new members.

Rock "Yellow Alert" Banker

TheShallcrossCode@hotmail.co.uk
Norm  
#6 Posted : 09 September 2011 22:07:36(UTC)
Norm

Man

RockBanker

Snoopy's use of the word evil may be a bit over the top, but he is like that, so maybe he doesn't think it is that bad, I don't know.

But in terms of identification I have to say this.

In the past two years** has posted his full name, surname and christian name. He has posted information on his children, one who has a business in Whaley and New Mills. Where he lived before he went to Africa, where he lived when he came back, where he lives now. He has posted links to holiday photographs and photos of relatives.

There is more but let's stop there. Again can I say he posted all this, no one else. So to say "post information that may allow this person to be identified" is a bit strange.

Norm

One example of many      http://www.whaleybridge.net/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4674#post4674

Edited by user 09 September 2011 22:24:08(UTC)  | Reason: Add example

snoopy  
#7 Posted : 12 September 2011 07:27:54(UTC)
snoopy

RockBanker wrote:

I am sorry to be so blunt, but I am hugely dismayed by this thread. I understand that some may have reason to have been annoyed by some of the contributions to the forum, but to describe an individual as evil, and to post information that may allow this person to be identified goes well beyond the bounds of propriety and does nothing to encourage  new members.

I am also dismayed by this post. I think new readers should be warned about his posts, to ignore them is like supporting him and the harm he has done. Also by your comment about identification it is obviously clear that you have not read his posts, therefore I don't think you are in a position to comment.  

RockBanker  
#8 Posted : 12 September 2011 09:43:25(UTC)
RockBanker

Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)

I think you miss the point. The title of the thread is clearly directed at new readers, who, will see a fomer contributer described as evil, and then further postings that reveal some information about their personal history. This is far from an encouragement to contribute. Yes, I have read his previous posts, and I am aware of what he has said about himself, however new readers would not be in this position. I do not intend to contribute any further to this particular thread, as I have no desire to see it bump up the list.

Rock "Yellow Alert" Banker

TheShallcrossCode@hotmail.co.uk
Norm  
#9 Posted : 12 September 2011 21:55:59(UTC)
Norm

Man

As I said in #2 I don't want to dwell on this, but my reply in #6 was to #5 to clear the matter of identification. Post #5 did, in my eyes, give the impression that people that people were posting new info about the identity of a member which is not true.

So to hopefully clear it up for new readers.

1. This is about a past member who had multiple member names which is against the rules, which he used to disrupt the forum.

2. He did tell all about who he was, no one has posted info that may allow this person to be identified.

3. He was not a nice person, maybe not evil but not nice.

So there is nothing that should alarm new members.

Norm

Edited by user 12 September 2011 21:57:35(UTC)  | Reason: Grammar

truthman  
#10 Posted : 13 September 2011 08:35:52(UTC)

Groups: Guest

Norm wrote:

1. This is about a past member who had multiple member names which is against the rules, which he used to disrupt the forum.

Norm

It is my impression that “umtali” has only changed his user name recently, never in the past as you imply. 
Perhaps so that he can respond to deviations from the truth such as this.
G. Jackson  
#11 Posted : 13 September 2011 09:06:44(UTC)
G. Jackson

He's back.

buggyite  
#12 Posted : 13 September 2011 10:20:09(UTC)
buggyite

Man

Well Mr Truthman,

As you have only joined today, and you are not**, you couldn't possibly know that, could you?

Which leads me to believe you are** (again) mainly because of the implicit admission. However, you were also previously "torrtop", where in an unfortunately deleted post you stated that you were  the poster formerly known as**. This makes your latest claim yet another one in a long list of lies, and makes a nonsense of your new username.

Buggyite
I am a yellow factioner!
truthman  
#13 Posted : 13 September 2011 11:00:41(UTC)

Groups: Guest

Att: Buggyite

For several years I have been one of the many readers only.
This instant attack on my first post makes a total nonsense of the protestations of all the other post in this string, with the exception of RockBanker of course, which makes absolute sense.

JonG  
#14 Posted : 13 September 2011 11:12:50(UTC)
JonG

Groups: Administration, Member

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 13 post(s)

Enough of this. Topic closed.

Jon.

Jon Goldfinch - Forum Administrator and Town Councillor
Whaley Bridge Town Council - Fernilee Ward

cllr.jong.wbtc@googlemail.com