logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chris1710  
#1 Posted : 08 May 2009 19:20:25(UTC)
chris1710

Groups: Member

Probably had this discussion before but what are the best pubs in Whaley. Maybe a score on

a) Beer

B) Price

C) Atmosphere

D) Regulars

There seen to be a lot of churn when it comes to Pubs, which is a shame as I feel this is the best (only) social evening in Whaley.

Over the hill but not far away  
#2 Posted : 09 May 2009 14:49:16(UTC)
Over the hill but not far away

Hi

For me it has to be the Sheps and the Goyt both good beer and "local" pubs.  The Sheps has a well established local clientele, good choice of beer, real fires and conversation.  The Goyt is doing well withTony at the Helm-good well kept choice of beers and increasingly popular.

The White Hart-has always supported live music, and football. It usually has at least one real ale on tap and is a livelier establishment.

The Male Hen is also a popular pub, livelier-perhaps younger, supports live music and sport-Robinsons beer

I will leave comments on The White Horse (which also supports live music) and the Railway to those that frequent them.  It would also be nice if we could be constructive in our comments and support all our "locals" which are going through a difficult time.

But really, all you have to do if a newcomer is try a pint in all of them and make your mind up:)

Cheers

lord cornflake  
#3 Posted : 10 May 2009 12:13:51(UTC)
lord cornflake

The Sheps has to be the best for me,always a great range of guest beers,warm fires and witty conversation.The Goyt is also very good and in a similar vein to the Sheps.All the other pubs in the centre of Whaley are ok for a quick pint but they dont have the warm feel of the other two.I must say further up the road the male hen i do like. Micks always friendly,live music and the footy of course.The White horse is also a pub i like Cotch is friendly and his beer is good its a shame the food side didnt take off as i hear the food was very good.