logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<23456>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
moogie  
#61 Posted : 20 January 2012 15:13:36(UTC)
moogie

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)

davethescope wrote:
moogie wrote:

I was never publicly owned anyway it was compusory purchase by the Highways Deparment, designated for a road to be built for the use of the public...and rights of way that were there in situ still exsist hence you can cross the bypass at certain points....but are not allowed to actuall walk the length of it .

A public highway is generally a right of way and, unless statuary law or bye-laws forbid it (a Motorway been the prime example), you are entitled to walk the route

. On the more general point: there is always going to be conflict between the desire of property owners for privacy and the desire of the general public to walk where they want. The system of public rights of way which we have in this country is a very good, typically British, compromise towards reconciling those conflicting desires.

yep i stand corrected.....i was thinking of motorways!...and its a dual carrigway!....im dreaming up an extra lane!...

I agree compromise, just think the wanton lust to walk the feild and not be denied is unhelpfull to both paties, im sure sfmas would agree seems like he been trying to be open and get the point raised and work thru it where as the chances will be ruinied if the owners are ignored and fences are broken or they look out on to their land to see dogs running free or whatever. Must be quite demoralising for the owners after all the hard work they have put into it, to have kicked this hornets nest!

moogie  
#62 Posted : 14 March 2012 12:20:27(UTC)
moogie

Sorry to bump this post back up to the top!....

but.......

Is there any thruth in the floating rumour that the allstar premier league tallest totem pole currently plying his trade at Stoke is moving in here?,......

I have not seem him .....even tho he may stand out rather well.

A1Dan  
#63 Posted : 14 March 2012 12:53:59(UTC)
A1Dan

I'd heard this too... but then again, you knew that.

All I've heard is idle gossip from young mothers of Whaley, and this solitary tweet:

Michael Madden ‏@Tumbattle:
So is Peter Crouch moving to Whaley Bridge? I cant stand the suspense!

High Peak Harry  
#64 Posted : 08 April 2012 14:28:34(UTC)
High Peak Harry

What an interesting thread I have just stumbled upon. I can't believe the number of idiots that can be found in such a small area. I grew up on a farm and I was always told not to let the dogs loose if I went on any other fields as the owner would shoot them. If I was the new owner of this lovely property I would do the same. It just smacks of jealousy that someone should have a big house with land. Good luck to them. It's a bit depressing that people are complaining that they can't walk their dogs on one particular 'path' when we are surrounded by miles of countryside.

Petty minded, insular, witless. All these and more can be used to describe organisers of meetings to rail against incomers!
sfmans  
#65 Posted : 08 April 2012 18:52:52(UTC)
sfmans

Man

Well since the topic has been re-opened, you'll all be delighted to know that I have heard nothing from the organisers of the Bothomes Hall pathway meetings since before Christmas, and I therefore presume that they have given up on the idea of getting any paths across that land added to the Definitive Map.

Thank you for your careful consideration of the matter on this forum.
High Peak Harry  
#66 Posted : 09 April 2012 09:46:09(UTC)
High Peak Harry

sfmans wrote:
Well since the topic has been re-opened, you'll all be delighted to know that I have heard nothing from the organisers of the Bothomes Hall pathway meetings since before Christmas, and I therefore presume that they have given up on the idea of getting any paths across that land added to the Definitive Map.

Thank you for your careful consideration of the matter on this forum.

Presumably they decided they were 'spitting' in the wind when they actually took time to study what they were trying to achieve; namely half a dozen selfish, jealous individual dog walking trespassing vandals couldn't get their own way because the law was on the side of the land owner. As davethescope put several very good points namely cost and case history. Lets hope that the owners can now live in peace.
Norm  
#67 Posted : 09 April 2012 10:25:08(UTC)
Norm

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

As an outsider, so my post can be discarded, this thread would not make me rush to the estate agent to live in Whaley.

lexipie  
#68 Posted : 29 July 2012 22:45:56(UTC)
lexipie

Just seen its up for sale again, looks impressive!

http://www.rightmove.co....e/property-38452031.html
Wanderer returns  
#69 Posted : 30 July 2012 05:48:15(UTC)
Wanderer returns

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I too have looked at the photos - they have worked very hard on the Hall as there was little left omit when they started and should be congratulated. They have
landscaped the original garden but I assume the field has been left fallow. Was there ever a conclusion with regards the footpath?
sfmans  
#70 Posted : 30 July 2012 06:51:35(UTC)
sfmans

Man

I've heard nothing from the people organising the footpath campaign since December, so I'm presuming that has been abandoned. The entrance by the Bridgemont canal bridge has been blocked up for some months and there were sheep on the field at one point.
Jack  
#71 Posted : 30 July 2012 11:16:00(UTC)
Jack

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

lexipie wrote:
Just seen its up for sale again.

Good. Obviously bought to make a quick buck tax free. Lets hope the new owners are more sympathetic to dog owners who have walked dogs on this land for years.

sfmans  
#72 Posted : 30 July 2012 11:47:35(UTC)
sfmans

Man

Jack wrote:

lexipie wrote:
Just seen its up for sale again.

Good. Obviously bought to make a quick buck tax free.

Maybe, but they seemed to be putting a lot of work and money into it - more likely they've lost a fortune and are selling it to try to recoup / cut their losses. Aside from the matter of the access to the fields I'm pleased to see the Hall being restored rather than left to rot, and if someone has bankrupted themselves in the process I'm certainly not going to be gloating over that.

Jack wrote:

Lets hope the new owners are more sympathetic to dog owners who have walked dogs on this land for years.

Well that would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath ...

Edited by user 30 July 2012 11:49:30(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

High Peak Harry  
#73 Posted : 30 July 2012 15:19:34(UTC)
High Peak Harry

Jack wrote:

Good. Obviously bought to make a quick buck tax free. Lets hope the new owners are more sympathetic to dog owners who have walked dogs on this land for years.

I see the community spirit is still alive and kicking. Quite how you can say someone is going to make a quick buck tax free is a puzzle. Do you happen to know their tax arrangements by any chance? If I were to win the Lottery tomorrow and bought it I would not allow dogs to be walked on my land. I am a dog lover myself but if I own a house with a nearby path I expect to have people respect that. The speed limit on the by-pass is 70MPH but just because I do 120MPH all the time up and down it doesn't make it legal does it. My speed was a joke by the way, in case you have a siezure.

Back to the house. It is done to a very high standard and if someone has made money good luck to them. Who are you to decry someone else's business, personal or private? That was a rhetorical question, I don't expect you to start foaming at the mouth and dribbling onto the keyboard.

Jack  
#74 Posted : 31 July 2012 11:33:36(UTC)
Jack

High Peak Harry wrote:
Jack wrote:

I see the community spirit is still alive and kicking. Quite how you can say someone is going to make a quick buck tax free is a puzzle. Do you happen to know their tax arrangements by any chance? If I were to win the Lottery tomorrow and bought it I would not allow dogs to be walked on my land. I am a dog lover myself but if I own a house with a nearby path I expect to have people respect that. The speed limit on the by-pass is 70MPH but just because I do 120MPH all the time up and down it doesn't make it legal does it. My speed was a joke by the way, in case you have a siezure. Back to the house. It is done to a very high standard and if someone has made money good luck to them. Who are you to decry someone else's business, personal or private? That was a rhetorical question, I don't expect you to start foaming at the mouth and dribbling onto the keyboard.

The community spirit is good its the new owners of the hall who tried to spoil it by not letting owners walk dogs in a field they have walked for years.

moogie  
#75 Posted : 31 July 2012 12:54:13(UTC)
moogie

I heard they are leaving after the reception they have recived from the local community

the vandalisim and tresspass on their land, I hope the buyers are made aware of the ill feeling and envy that has been directed.

and thus are ready to stick up a 10 foot barbwired fence to protect what they own.

Jack wrote:

How would anyone be sympathetic to anyone with an attitude like this .............envy is really not becoming of a gentleman

Wanderer returns  
#76 Posted : 31 July 2012 13:09:48(UTC)
Wanderer returns

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
If that is the case then it is a very sad state of affairs.
High Peak Harry  
#77 Posted : 31 July 2012 15:08:53(UTC)
High Peak Harry

Jack wrote:
The community spirit is good its the new owners of the hall who tried to spoil it by not letting owners walk dogs in a field they have walked for years.

You really are a halfwit aren't you. You choose to make no comment on the fact that just because you have done something for years makes it legal. The only reason people were allowed to continue their activities was because it was derelict. If I bought the house (highly unlikely) and had rabbits for my children running loose and one of your dogs came running onto my land to get the rabbits, I would be well within my rights to send the dogs to their maker via a shotgun. Would you feel quite so smug in your village mentality then. This is like the scene from American Werewolf in London where the bar falls silent because 2 strangers have walked in. Grow up man and get a life.
nce  
#78 Posted : 31 July 2012 17:04:23(UTC)
nce

Bravo, HP Harry. Also, if it is true that they are leaving then this just underscores that spitefulness, jealousy, vandalism and unlawful behaviour can do when it is wrongfully touted as 'preserving community spirit'. If anyone cares to come and walk his dog on my lawn (which was ALSO a 'dog walking field' for years), they can expect a visit from the Police. If you also try to move my garden wall because it is not on the original boundary, then I will have you for criminal damage. What happened at Bothomes Hall is no different.

For these perfectly decent and reasonable people to be harassed like this is shameful, and anyone who has engaged in illegal activity of that sort should see themselves as the lowlives they really are. As HP Harry said to Jack, I say to everyone - grow up - it's not your b*&%$y field!
Jonny Summers  
#79 Posted : 31 July 2012 20:22:33(UTC)
Jonny Summers

Has anyone thought that Jack is just trying to wind everyone up deliberately? I'm beginning to lean to this conclusion because surely nobody can really be this narrow minded, selfish & posses such an inferiority complex? If he is serious, then he's certainly a balancelled individual......he has a chip on both shoulders!!!!
I've my fingers crossed that I win tonight's lottery, because buying Bothomes Hall would be the first thing I did:-)
Norm  
#80 Posted : 31 July 2012 20:29:30(UTC)
Norm

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

High Peak Harry wrote:
Jack wrote:

This is like the scene from American Werewolf in London where the bar falls silent because 2 strangers have walked in. Grow up man and get a life.

Nice one HPH, but as far as films go i was thinking more of Deliverance.