logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BarryRudd  
#1 Posted : 11 June 2012 08:04:59(UTC)
BarryRudd

Groups: Member

Morning folks

After 2011's most "successful event ever" I knew that we would have to do something really special this year.  The mission was to bring an additional 1000 people to Whaley Bridge-who would then go home and tell everyone what a lovely time they had in town. 

We have assembled a fantastic team-Our new additions Rick Heys-Boat Master and Linda Ellis -Caterer were as outstanding as I expected them to be.  All of them worked above and beyond the call of duty and I take my hat off to them.

I hear that it was a bit moist on Thursday, Friday and Saturday but we were too busy setting up and then making sure everyone was having a good, safe time to notice.  My request on High Peak radio for people to get a coat on and a brolly and get out seems to have worked. 

Thank you all for coming down and supporting your event and I hope you all enjoyed it.   But please don't expect us to make it "even better" in 2013 as we have filled Whaley to capacity and every inch of available space for attractions is used up not to mention the budget. 

More to follow- but I have to get down to the canal basin to finish packing up and clearing the site.

If you have any photo's or video please up load to Facebook or mail to me for our 2012 album.

Cheers

Edited by user 11 June 2012 08:10:23(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

sometimes over the hill - but never far away.