logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Beverley_Macca  
#1 Posted : 01 June 2009 23:19:30(UTC)
Beverley_Macca

Groups: Member
Woman

I have just read with interest the appointment of a PC Andy Crosthwaite to the Whaley Bridge and Furness Vale Safer Neighbourhood Team, I wish him and his colleagues well.

However, I read the "safer neighbourhood team" are currently focusing on "three main priorities in the area". They are:

*Speeding and nuisance motorists

*Illegal parking in Whaley Bridge and Furness Vale

*Ways to bring together different generations with the communities...

Am I alone in thinking the safer neighbourhood team should perhaps try raising their aims and objectives and start looking at underage drinking, anti-social behaviour, the prevelance of drug misuse, vandalism and the apparent recent spate of break-ins.

I will sleep better in bed tonight knowing that illegally parked cars will feel the full force of the law in the morning - go get 'em crime busters, that'll teach 'em!

PS. Maybe my education wasn't up to scratch, but can someone please explain to me what it means "to bring together different generations with the communities". Maybe PC Crosthwaite and his mates should put the speed guns down and sign up for lessons in clearer communication.

Techy  
#2 Posted : 01 June 2009 23:34:46(UTC)

Groups: Guest

Well I have to agree with most of that, but I do think catching some of the tw**s who do 45+mph down the roads in Whaley isn't a bad thing!

Fedup  
#3 Posted : 03 June 2009 16:56:00(UTC)
Fedup

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I totally agree with you Beverley-Macca, although like Techy I do think speeding round our roads should be stamped on.

Why is it that it is always the easier problems that have time and money spent on them, while the real problems, the ones that worry and distress people, quite often making decent peoples' lives a complete misery, are carefully swept under the carpet? Soon we will see a photo in the paper of some grandmother, a 10 year old child and the police officer all smiling proudly and saying how everything is now OK, while the real problems, as listed by Beverley_Macca, carry on regardless.

Madness!
lord cornflake  
#4 Posted : 04 June 2009 09:13:52(UTC)
lord cornflake

Come the revolution.