logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lord cornflake  
#1 Posted : 11 June 2009 14:54:40(UTC)
lord cornflake

Groups: Member

I want to have a moan and I think I will.Firstly i had to meet a work coleague today in the car park at the Highwayman,he was a bit late so I thought I would sit outside with a cool refreshing Coca Cola (I would have had a pint but I was working and driving) well the little bottle of Coke that was nigh on ten inches high cost me £1.70.Now either this was a mistake or a very expensive Coke(a can is only 55p in Co-Op).Secondly i then had to nip to Tesco,whilst I was walking into the store a man and a woman in a big Range rover parked in the parent and child area,and yes you guessed it no children.I regret not saying anything and it is not the first time I have seen it happen.I mentioned it to a memeber of staff in Tesco but i think they would rather have been elsewhere.Rant over.

Over the hill but not far away  
#2 Posted : 12 June 2009 00:19:14(UTC)
Over the hill but not far away

We all have our curmudgeonly days Mr Cornflake- so feel free to moan-but it doesnt seem like you to be upset my small matters

The gross profit on a pint of beer is just over one pound.  The landlord of the Highwayman must sell about two thousand of these in a week to stay in business-just to cover overheads.  The pub in question has a clientele within walking distance of about nine so all visitors can only have one pint of thwaites or two if dining and taking two hours over their meal.-No wonder a rack of lamb is 17 quid!-A two litre bottle of coke is only about a quid from the "corner shop" and could be enjoyed at a place of choice -but the view looking out to the Welsh hills on a summers evening must be worth something. 

Regarding the corner shop car park. It is really not worth getting wound up about- ventured there for the first time in weeks, only to buy products not stocked by our good local shops and have often wondered why people with children are treated on par with the less able bodied in the world of car park space allocation-mustnt let the little darlings get too tired walking to the car must we-they might loose weight :)

Cheers

Edited by user 12 June 2009 07:28:22(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Bob Bowker  
#3 Posted : 12 June 2009 09:17:05(UTC)
Bob Bowker

Have to agree the disrespectful parking in supermarkets is appalling. You should see the WAGS at John Lewiis

My pet annoyance when on the odd occassion I go to Tescos is when I go to get a paper and someone is reading the paper I want, treating the news stand as a library. You would go to the Chippy for a second hand newspaper.The other week I saw a woman take the second copy of a newspaper (the top one was dishevelled) open it up on the stand and commenced to read it page by page. As if this wasn't bad enough, she licked her fingers before turning every page. (Think swine fever etc.). I mentioned this to a member of staff who just looked at me as if I'd just got off a spaceship from Mars.