logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Whaley Laner  
#1 Posted : 10 December 2012 11:26:01(UTC)
Whaley Laner

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Wasn't it great to see Edwina Currie donating money to Blythe House Hospice on the BBC 1 game show "Pointless" on Saturday night. Blythe House Hospice does tremendous work and in my opinion should be fully supported.

Edited by moderator 11 December 2012 15:08:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Whaley Laner  
#2 Posted : 29 September 2013 12:03:07(UTC)
Whaley Laner

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

It was fantastic to see Edwina Currie win £1,000 on ITV's Big Star's Little Star where her chosen charity again was Blythe House Hospice. Edwina has only lived in Whaley Bridge for a relatively short period of time but she has already contributed more to the local community than most people who have lived here for much longer.
pensionman  
#3 Posted : 29 September 2013 13:36:55(UTC)
pensionman

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Fortunately, unlike most folk, she has a high profile, celebrity status that attracts media attention instantly that accelerates her ability to attract attention, as well as the right contacts & agent who will have the relevant contacts. Not something general working people have access to, so don't denigrate the efforts of those who's contribution goes by without fuss or polital gain or personal advantage.
Norm  
#4 Posted : 29 September 2013 19:49:24(UTC)
Norm

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Before a fight starts can I say the Whaley Laner and pensionman are both right. She has a high profile so does attract attention and that helps her cause. The riff-raff, like me, do not and so we go unnoticed.

Both groups, celebs and riff-raff, don't have to do it but want to. Whaley Laner could well be correct about the fact that she has contributed more, but maybe only in money terms not effort. I will put a couple of hundred quid on a bet that by time and effort many people have done more, but alas they fall in the riff-raff group so gone unnoticed by the media.

I am glad she does it, also I am more glad of the army of people that help behind the limelight.

PS Was it a coincidence that the only chicken to die in Chicken Run was called Edwina given her track record with eggs etc.?

Edited by user 29 September 2013 19:57:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

THE CROW  
#5 Posted : 01 October 2013 15:29:12(UTC)
THE CROW

I was lucky enough to be at a charity evening on Saturday in Buxton in aid of Macmillan nurses.It was organised by a lady from Chapel,there was a raffle,food,disco and Turtle Zed playing,all giving there time for free and what nobody knows is the event raised £3700.So I agree the real people never get a mention.
Jack  
#6 Posted : 11 October 2013 10:01:57(UTC)
Jack

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: pensionman Go to Quoted Post
Fortunately, unlike most folk, she has a high profile, celebrity status that attracts media attention instantly that accelerates her ability to attract attention, as well as the right contacts & agent who will have the relevant contacts. Not something general working people have access to, so don't denigrate the efforts of those who's contribution goes by without fuss or polital gain or personal advantage.

Well said pensionman I totally agree