logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CReWdog  
#1 Posted : 20 June 2009 11:45:47(UTC)
CReWdog

Groups: Member

I hope one of the councillors can take this on board & hopefully, action my suggestion.

Is there any chance of changing the low bridge sign on Stoneheads to include a metric equivalent of 12' 0" (3.65m)?

I only ask because I helped a foreign lorry driver on Thursday who'd blindly followed his satnav & claimed not to know what 12' was in metric. He ended up driving up Reservoir Road & then tried to back up under the bridge to turn round. Having realised his trailer was to big for the bridge the only option was for him drive up Reservoir Road & turn around on the gravel at the reservoir itself. Lucky for him there was actually enough room otherwise he'd probably still be there.

I know that changing the sign is not the proper solution but it would be far easier to do this than trying to get the satnav companies to upgrade their software to include bridge heights.

Also, which of the 4 signs between Disley & the bridge are actually correct? The ones near the Rams Head & at Mudhurst Lane junction say 12'9" while the one on Stoneheads & at the bridge both say     12' 0".

CReWdog