logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NevClarke  
#21 Posted : 30 January 2013 20:45:43(UTC)
NevClarke

Groups: Member
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)

I realise that the history side is now being moderated and is causing a delay; but just wanted to let everyone know and thank Robert/RSS for emailing me today as to where he obtained the Poll Tax photo.  The information he supplied was very useful and the photographer is very grateful.  We again extend our thanks.

“It all sounds like the sort of scheme Elmer Fudd might dream up while drunk.”

Nev Clarke
clarkenev@gmail.com
Norm  
#22 Posted : 30 January 2013 20:52:56(UTC)
Norm

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Nev, yes R.S-S told me he had emailed you, thanks for the post.

Mr. Trueman. Is that all posts? Some forums just moderate the first four or so posts of a new member to stop spammers etc.

I hope this may change R.S-S's mind, and I have put a hold on any work I would do for him, him being a friend as it were.

Norm

BarryRudd  
#23 Posted : 30 January 2013 21:18:45(UTC)
BarryRudd

Yes Nev

As you know, before that photo was posted I had no knowledge of it's history or it's date-the 'fashion' suggested eighties, hence my pre by-pass comment.  We know know (for the benefit of those baffled by all this) that it was copied without permission whilst on display in Footsteps and distributed around town and that R S-S, like many others perchanced upon it. 

The irony in all this is that Footsteps then thought that they had purchased the right to use it (but that's another story as is why I have never seen the "Shaw Collection").

I think moderator approval of postings is a welcome move and will ensure that all behave in a civilised manner depending of course on the impartiality of moderation.

Cheers

Edited by user 30 January 2013 21:36:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

sometimes over the hill - but never far away.
MrTrueman  
#24 Posted : 30 January 2013 21:18:56(UTC)
MrTrueman

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hi Norm, 

Unfortunately the forum does not have that type of anti-spam filtering, so yes it will be all posts for now.

When we setup the forum the council members were of the opinion that the ‘new’ forum was rather complicated to use in comparison to the old forum. We were  therefore encouraged to remove lots of the forum functionality from the forum software, like for instance private messaging (PM) facility.

The current software is getting pretty out of date and we are planning on rolling out a new version as soon as we can.  This will give us the ‘new’ features back and hopefully allow us some more control over the anti spam side of things.

Of course performing the upgrade and testing beforehand etc is a time consuming exercise and given that I am a volunteer with a family and work commitments it is hard to find the amount of time required.

I have however started this and hopefully will be in a position to rollout the live upgrade soon but no promises on dates Biggrin

Leaving now
Regards,

Mr Trueman

Whaleybridge.com Volunteer

Whaley Bridge website needs your help. Please email us your local news and events.
http://www.whaleybridge.com/contact/

Please support our local Computer Company, Trusted IT they provide this forum for all to use.
http://www.trustedit.co.uk
Norm  
#25 Posted : 30 January 2013 21:22:00(UTC)
Norm

Man

Thanks Mr Trueman.

I know exactly what you mean.

Norm

Digger  
#26 Posted : 31 January 2013 00:34:40(UTC)
Digger

Hello Mr Trueman,

I think what you have suggested is a good idea. Moderating the history forum beforehand will stop abuse and sniping, but can I ask how will it stop photographs being doctored?

Unless they are vetted by someone who can tell the difference it may only be a half measure.

I apologise for being cynical. I am angry at the history thread being ruined and I welcome the move being contemplated by R.S-S and others. I feel that this move is inevitable after the annoyance and frustration that has been caused to the contributors of this forum.

Regards

Digger.

snoopy  
#27 Posted : 31 January 2013 07:23:42(UTC)
snoopy

Norm wrote:

Mr. Trueman. Is that all posts? Some forums just moderate the first four or so posts of a new member to stop spammers etc.

I hope this may change R.S-S's mind, and I have put a hold on any work I would do for him, him being a friend as it were.

Norm

I suspect R.S-S may now not leave, sorry to say I think he should because I would like to see a seperate forum away from the undesireables on here. There is more than just you know who, he is only one. It's the others that will still ruin it in the future. 

Horwich Ender  
#28 Posted : 31 January 2013 17:21:13(UTC)
Horwich Ender

Norm wrote:

Nev, yes R.S-S told me he had emailed you, thanks for the post.

Norm

I hope so too.