logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Horwich Ender  
#21 Posted : 12 May 2013 12:29:17(UTC)
Horwich Ender

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Good afternoon.

Apparently prospective councillor NevClarke posts under a pseudonym on the Whaley Bridge Facebook page.

This is very interesting news when you consider Nev's previous comments about anonymity on this forum.

Whaley Laner  
#22 Posted : 12 May 2013 12:53:48(UTC)
Whaley Laner

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Horwich Ender Go to Quoted Post

Good afternoon.

Apparently prospective councillor NevClarke posts under a pseudonym on the Whaley Bridge Facebook page.

This is very interesting news when you consider Nev's previous comments about anonymity on this forum.

This type of hypocrisy reminds me of Labour politicians like Harriet Harman, Diane Abbot and Ruth Kelly who publicly denounce private education but when it comes to educating their own children they send then to private schools. Another example of "Do as I say - don't do as I do."

davethescope  
#23 Posted : 12 May 2013 17:06:41(UTC)
davethescope

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Horwich Ender Go to Quoted Post

Err... If a post is anonymous how do you know NC posted it?
The optimist believes that Whaley Bridge is the best place in the world to live. The pessimist fears he might be correct.
Horwich Ender  
#24 Posted : 13 May 2013 16:05:50(UTC)
Horwich Ender

Originally Posted by: davethescope Go to Quoted Post

Err... If a post is anonymous how do you know NC posted it?

Good afternoon davethescope

I have been told prospective councillor NevClarke posts under the pseudonym “Whaley Bridge” on the Facebook page.

I have no way of proving this is definitely correct but I have no reason to doubt it's accuracy.

The following posts from this forum and the Facebook page may assist:

Posted on this forum on 7 February 2013 by NevClarke.

Don't know whether Des Coleman, Tracey, Charlotte, Jack or Anna read the forum but wanted to wish them well in their life away from Whaley. I realise the shop has been closed for a few months now, but the let/sale sign has come down and I believe that it will open again but not as a butchers.

I wonderred if there were special arrangements in place when shop holders of this length left the town; I've been told that he's been serving Whaley as a butcher since the nighties and the shop he took over had the honour of having the town's first telephone. But he is a legend in his own right and although we fully understand why they're moving on, for selfish reasons as well as personal me and Zara are very sorry to see him go; as I'm sure many others also are.

Not expecting a blue plaque but is there something that is or can be arranged through the Town Council, Round Table or other body as formal farewell/gesture?

Posted on the Whaley Bridge Facebook page on 8 February 2013 by Whaley Bridge.

Don't know whether Des Coleman, Tracey, Charlotte, Jack or Anna check this page but wanted to wish them well in their life away from Whaley. We realise the shop has been closed for a few months now, but the let/sale sign has come down and we are led to believe that it will open again but not as a butchers.

There dont appear to be any special arrangements in place when shop holders of this length leave the town; Des has been serving Whaley as a butcher since the nighties and the shop he took over had the honour of having the town's first telephone. But he is a legend in his own right and although we fully understand why they're moving on, for selfish reasons as well as personal we are very sorry to see him go; as I'm sure many others also are.

Not expecting a blue plaque but there something that can be done to wish them all farewell. It would be very nice for as many people as possible to drop a card or a note through his door before he goes. What do you say gang? 

Whilst these posts don't reveal the identity of the original posters, forum members may come to the conclusion that both posts were written by the same person.

buggyite  
#25 Posted : 13 May 2013 17:54:33(UTC)
buggyite

Man

Excellent detective work there, Horwich Ender!

Now if you could turn your attention to who has hacked he-who-can't-be-named's Facebook account, I'm sure he would be very grateful.

There must be about 769 suspects here among the current and former posters on this forum for a start. He has always boasted about being on lots of other fora, and if his modus operandi is similar on those, you'll soon have thousands more likely culprits!

Edited by user 13 May 2013 17:55:53(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Buggyite
I am a yellow factioner!
davethescope  
#26 Posted : 13 May 2013 18:48:59(UTC)
davethescope

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
HE. I think you are confusing the use of a pseudonym with remaining anonymous. There are users on here, myself and Buggyite for example, who use pseudonyms but whose identity is easily established by reading their postings. Nev on Facebook seems to fall into that catagory. If he was concerned about anonymity he wouldn't leave such simple back-bearings to his identity
The optimist believes that Whaley Bridge is the best place in the world to live. The pessimist fears he might be correct.
Horwich Ender  
#27 Posted : 14 May 2013 16:09:56(UTC)
Horwich Ender

Good afternoon.

Not only does prospective councillor NevClarke apparently post under a pseudonym it appears he has multiple identities on the Whaley Bridge Facebook page.

It looks like the official spokesperson for the “Red Faction” on this forum is now Olave as Jenny Megson seems to have disappeared.

Olave, please could you confirm prospective councillor NevClarke does post under a pseudonym and has multiple identities. Please could you also tell us what has happened to Jenny.

Norm  
#28 Posted : 25 May 2013 19:06:27(UTC)
Norm

Man

Horwich Ender wrote:

Please could you also tell us what has happened to Jenny.

Sorry, noticed this a bit ago and forgot to post.

She was banned for posting offensive material about R.S-S. One of many reasons why he will not come on here again. I will reveal other info about the Red Faction's dirty campaign if R.S-S thinks it's OK.

Also this is to a certain person that thinks HE is R.S-S. Get a brain because you know nothing about what is happening. You said last year that I was R.S-S!

Edited by user 25 May 2013 19:10:41(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

High Peak Harry  
#29 Posted : 08 June 2013 13:48:42(UTC)
High Peak Harry

I'm RSS, and so's my wife.
Norm  
#30 Posted : 08 June 2013 17:58:40(UTC)
Norm

Man

I am sure given time a lot of people will be R.S-S (according to a certain person). Maybe there are only two people on this forum, that person and R.S-S  

Not sure about me now.

Edited by user 08 June 2013 18:02:35(UTC)  | Reason: Added a little bit.

G. Jackson  
#31 Posted : 08 June 2013 21:27:31(UTC)
G. Jackson

I'm R.S-S and so is my donkey