logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lord cornflake  
#1 Posted : 23 June 2009 14:31:54(UTC)
lord cornflake

Groups: Member

I have just had to remove 2 wheely bins from the front of a driveway I had to get into.There is double the space either side of the driveway,but no the bins were stuck right in the middle.I recently heard a binman defend his "profession"  on the radio.He made some valid points regarding the wrong things in the wrong bins which they cant take because they are being watched my managers who discipline them for it.But the sheer laziness is inexcusable,if your a binman you should be ashamed. I will list some of my reasons for this post.

1.Bins in the middle of the pavement.

2.Bins in the middle of driveways.

3.Bin wagons blocking the middle of the road when there is sufficient space to pull in.

4.Not turning up to collect them at all(which has happened 3 times with Veolia)

5.Binmen in general Christ they annoy me more than the wife.

RockBanker  
#2 Posted : 23 June 2009 16:54:08(UTC)
RockBanker

Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
And how about 'Driving trucks that are too heavy for the local bridges', as HPBC informed us in a letter to all Rock Bank residents last week - Though the managers are really responsible for that. It's only taken them about 20 years to work it out
Rock "Yellow Alert" Banker

TheShallcrossCode@hotmail.co.uk
Beverley_Macca  
#3 Posted : 23 June 2009 23:11:40(UTC)
Beverley_Macca

Woman

The council are far worse culprits than the work-shy fops operating the bin lorries- the switch to every-other week collections is just a sham to help them achieve their recycling targets. Let's go back to proper weekly collections and a return to compost heaps for our garden (or organic) waste. You'd think that lightening the workload with fortnightly collections would result in a lower community charge as we're doing half their job for them. 

Nigel  
#4 Posted : 25 June 2009 20:24:32(UTC)

Groups: Guest

I would be very suspicious of a wheelie bin left in the middle of a driveway as it is a feature in car theft which is becoming more prevalent with the improvement in car security. It works as follows:

1. The thief drives around a neighbourhood and identifies a vehicle he wants to steal from a property where the wheelie bin is usually kept at the side or the rear of the premises.

2. The house is then staked out and the time is noted when the householder usually returns home in the car from work, school run, shopping etc.

3. On wheelie bin collection day the thief places the emptied wheelie bin in the middle of the drive preventing the car from accessing the drive.

4. The driver of the vehicle on returning to his property gets out of the car (leaving the keys in the ignition) and moves the wheelie bin to it's usual place.

5. The car thief who has positioned himself nearby quickly steals the vehicle.

6. The householder returns to the front of the house to find his car has been stolen.

The simple way to prevent this is not to leave the vehicle unlocked but it I am lead to believe it is a very common occurrence. Car thefts are also more common on frosty winter morning's when people leave their car's unattended with the engine running to de frost the vehicle.

Scuba Man  
#5 Posted : 01 July 2009 18:33:40(UTC)

Groups: Guest

Oh my old man's a dustman
He wears a dustman's hat
He wears cor blimey trousers
And he lives in a council flat
He looks a proper 'nana
In his great big hob nailed boots
He's got such a job to pull 'em up
That he calls 'em daisy roots

All together now - Some folks.........

D-DAY DODGER2  
#6 Posted : 04 July 2009 22:39:48(UTC)
D-DAY DODGER2

I see that R S-S has had nothing to say on this subject. This leads me to conjecture that he might possibly be one of these idle dustbinpersons but is afraid to come to his own defence in case he is found out