logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jonny Summers  
#1 Posted : 18 February 2013 20:02:12(UTC)
Jonny Summers

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
On Saturday afternoon I was "attacked", although not bitten, by a very aggressive brown dog on the path from the junction of Hockerley Lane/Whaley Lane down though the field to Reservoir Road. This is not the first time I have encountered this dog!!!
I was astounded to hear how many other people have had the same problem, including one person I spoke to on Sunday who had been bitten by this dog.
Today I reported this incident to Buxton police, and they asked if I could find out who this dog belongs to.
I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has had problems with this dog, and if anyone knows who owns it?
JonG  
#2 Posted : 19 February 2013 01:05:46(UTC)
JonG

Groups: Administration, Member

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hi Jonny Summers
I know you have reported problems before with this dog i.e - <A href="http://www.whaleybridge.net/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=1291">http://www.whaleybridge.net/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=1291</A>

Please email me and I will see what I can do.

Cheers
Jon.
Jon Goldfinch - Forum Administrator and Town Councillor
Whaley Bridge Town Council - Fernilee Ward

cllr.jong.wbtc@googlemail.com
pensionman  
#3 Posted : 19 February 2013 10:16:31(UTC)
pensionman

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Same said dog attacked me only yesterday at 4.00pm as I walked through Whaley Hall old Drive by Whaley hall. It was persistant & aggressive & this has happened to me numerous times. It lives at a property adjacent to Whaley Hall, at the rear of it. I get the feeling the landowners like their privacy here & would argue that I was trespassing private land. This dog looks almost wild.
Whaley Laner  
#4 Posted : 24 February 2013 14:19:07(UTC)
Whaley Laner

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I was told a young child was attacked by a brown dog at the same location. Nothing could be done because the owner couldn't be traced.
djdamo  
#5 Posted : 04 March 2013 09:46:39(UTC)
djdamo

Originally Posted by: Jonny Summers Go to Quoted Post
On Saturday afternoon I was "attacked", although not bitten, by a very aggressive brown dog on the path from the junction of Hockerley Lane/Whaley Lane down though the field to Reservoir Road. This is not the first time I have encountered this dog!!!
I was astounded to hear how many other people have had the same problem, including one person I spoke to on Sunday who had been bitten by this dog.
Today I reported this incident to Buxton police, and they asked if I could find out who this dog belongs to.
I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has had problems with this dog, and if anyone knows who owns it?

Well yet again someone else talking about something they do not know about, the said (dog) which i have known for many years is one of the softest dogs i know and for a few years been around a child growing up, like most dogs who if in their own territory will bark when people cut through the grounds instead of using the Public Footpath through the field which is sign posted... This dog has not bit anyone or am sure something would of been done, he is around guests all the time so surely if he was nasty,an attacking dog he would do the same to them. Next time people cut through stop and talk to dog and he will even fetch you a stick to play with........
djdamo  
#6 Posted : 04 March 2013 09:48:43(UTC)
djdamo

Originally Posted by: JonG Go to Quoted Post
Hi Jonny Summers
I know you have reported problems before with this dog i.e - <A href="http://www.whaleybridge.net/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=1291">http://www.whaleybridge.net/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=1291</A>

Please email me and I will see what I can do.

Cheers
Jon.

I would expect a member of the council to actually find out the truths about this , as responded to another post , this dog has not bitten anyone he is one of the softest dogs i have known for MANY years...
djdamo  
#7 Posted : 04 March 2013 09:54:24(UTC)
djdamo

Originally Posted by: pensionman Go to Quoted Post
Same said dog attacked me only yesterday at 4.00pm as I walked through Whaley Hall old Drive by Whaley hall. It was persistant & aggressive & this has happened to me numerous times. It lives at a property adjacent to Whaley Hall, at the rear of it. I get the feeling the landowners like their privacy here & would argue that I was trespassing private land. This dog looks almost wild.

Well this must be a different dog as the one being called is not WILD .If you use the Public footpath through the field and not cut through someones land the dog would not bark at anyone as he is on his land.He would not bite anyone he might bark and run around you but say BOO and he would run away. So suggest find something else to lie about.  
djdamo  
#8 Posted : 04 March 2013 09:58:38(UTC)
djdamo

Originally Posted by: Whaley Laner Go to Quoted Post
I was told a young child was attacked by a brown dog at the same location. Nothing could be done because the owner couldn't be traced.

Well yet again someone else hear say,,,,,,,, do you people have nothing better to do then talk rubbish , get the facts right before posting things. as responded to another post This dog has been brought up with a baby and plays happy with her , so suggest before posting RUBBISH come and talk to dog and spend an hour or three playing with him as he loves people.....
pensionman  
#9 Posted : 04 March 2013 10:56:53(UTC)
pensionman

I would expect a member of the council to actually find out the truths about this , as responded to another post , this dog has not bitten anyone he is one of the softest dogs i have known for MANY years...

Blimey, if that's the softest dog you know I wonder what your perception of a wild dog is! Sorry pal, but you're barking up the wrong tree here.

davethescope  
#10 Posted : 04 March 2013 14:51:30(UTC)
davethescope

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Speaking generally: my wife and I have been bitten by dogs on several occasions over the years. Every time the owner, when confronted, assured us that the dog had never bitten anyone before even though some of the dogs involved were quite old.

This leads me to the conclusion that there is no such thing as a trustworthy dog. They may appear to be docile for a decade or more then suddenly decide to bite someone or maul the baby they were recently playing with.

A dog, after all, is a wolf with the fear of man bred out of it.

Edited by user 04 March 2013 14:52:11(UTC)  | Reason: formatting

The optimist believes that Whaley Bridge is the best place in the world to live. The pessimist fears he might be correct.
djdamo  
#11 Posted : 05 March 2013 08:18:45(UTC)
djdamo

Blimey, if that's the softest dog you know I wonder what your perception of a wild dog is! Sorry pal, but you're barking up the wrong tree here.

OMG you really are old and obviously senial , walk thorugh and say hello to the dog and will see is a big softy. Dont talk shi@e on here as dont know what you are talking about. 
pensionman  
#12 Posted : 05 March 2013 09:37:45(UTC)
pensionman

You are either the owner of the dog or are related to the dog, literally. I would ask anyone who is following this thread to take a walk through the old drive at Whaley Hall to experience the 'greeting' the soft cuddily wolf gives you. May be father Jamie could volunteer some input to this enthralling debate?
Digger  
#13 Posted : 05 March 2013 09:40:04(UTC)
Digger

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: djdamo Go to Quoted Post

OMG you really are old and obviously senial , walk thorugh and say hello to the dog and will see is a big softy. Dont talk shi@e on here as dont know what you are talking about. 

Since you seem to be very familiar with this dog, and therefore, one presumes, the owner as well, then perhaps you should upload a picture and reveal the owner's details so those with a complaint can verify its identity?

Or, are you really the owner and trying to avoid a compensation claim, or the man of many names who infects this forum?

djdamo  
#14 Posted : 05 March 2013 17:37:07(UTC)
djdamo

You are either the owner of the dog or are related to the dog, literally. I would ask anyone who is following this thread to take a walk through the old drive at Whaley Hall to experience the 'greeting' the soft cuddily wolf gives you. May be father Jamie could volunteer some input to this enthralling debate?

No i am not the owner of the dog , and last time i looked i didnt have four legs and a tail so def not related to it. Its funny as two police woman were up there this afternoon and they witnessed a big soft playfull dog , so suggest make sure you have the right dog as one you are slagging off none stop is not the one the 2 police officers threw stick for today...  
djdamo  
#15 Posted : 05 March 2013 17:40:35(UTC)
djdamo

Originally Posted by: Digger Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: djdamo Go to Quoted Post

Since you seem to be very familiar with this dog, and therefore, one presumes, the owner as well, then perhaps you should upload a picture and reveal the owner's details so those with a complaint can verify its identity?

Or, are you really the owner and trying to avoid a compensation claim, or the man of many names who infects this forum?

No as stated i am not the owner , i know the dog and have for many years and I KNOW what i am talking about , suggest you try it. 
Wanderer returns  
#16 Posted : 05 March 2013 18:05:36(UTC)
Wanderer returns

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
There are a couple of possibilities here:
A) the above people could be talking about different dogs
B) the dog reacts differently to different people

Whichever is the case I'm not sure that the current "discussion" is productive.

Could someone please clarify if the dog is on private land or roaming? If it is on private land then it is guarding it's property and most dogs I know would bark if someone came into their garden for example, if the dog is roaming then the owners have a responsibility to exercise more control and prevent it from wandering.
thanks 1 user thanked Wanderer returns for this useful post.
MrTrueman on 05/03/2013(UTC)
MrTrueman  
#17 Posted : 05 March 2013 18:16:09(UTC)
MrTrueman

Groups: Administration

Originally Posted by: Wanderer returns Go to Quoted Post
There are a couple of possibilities here:
A) the above people could be talking about different dogs
B) the dog reacts differently to different people

Whichever is the case I'm not sure that the current "discussion" is productive.

Could someone please clarify if the dog is on private land or roaming? If it is on private land then it is guarding it's property and most dogs I know would bark if someone came into their garden for example, if the dog is roaming then the owners have a responsibility to exercise more control and prevent it from wandering.

Well said!
Regards,

Mr Trueman

Whaleybridge.com Volunteer

Whaley Bridge website needs your help. Please email us your local news and events.
http://www.whaleybridge.com/contact/

Please support our local Computer Company, Trusted IT they provide this forum for all to use.
http://www.trustedit.co.uk
thanks 1 user thanked MrTrueman for this useful post.
Wanderer returns on 05/03/2013(UTC)
THE CROW  
#18 Posted : 05 March 2013 19:06:19(UTC)
THE CROW

DJDAMO you sound like a person with anger management issues,I find walking the dog calms me down.Oh and please stop cyber swearing its unattractive.
snowy  
#19 Posted : 06 March 2013 16:47:18(UTC)
snowy

Wanderer Returns is correct. Dogs can become aggressive if a stranger enters what they think is their territory. I used to work as a postman and quite often you go through the gate up to the door to post a letter and you are confronted by a snarling brute. Or, even worse, a small dog that sneaks behind you and bites your ankle.

If you complain, the owner will always insist you are being a big softy and that their dog is always friendly.

My solution to the problem was always to carry dog biscuits or other treats, which never failed to distract the dog and even in most cases the animal saw me as a pal after that rather than an intruder.

So before you next go for a walk across that field, I suggest you go down to the pet shop and get a bag of doggy treats.
Jonny Summers  
#20 Posted : 10 March 2013 13:08:13(UTC)
Jonny Summers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Well djdamo, if you're not the owner, or related to "the owner" (not as clever as you think BTW) what are you doing hijacking this thread???
You're replies show that it is you who doesn't know what you're talking about.
Further to your postings I've learned more information: spoken to a postman who HAS BEEN BITTEN by this dog: it's been seen roaming free around Meadowfield & Jodrell Road areas and so I will be forwarding this info to the council & he police
Not interested in how soft & cuddly you think this dog is, it is aggressive and allowed out in PUBLIC areas. Simple way to avoid all this trouble is for the owner to keep on their own property, or on a lead, as responsible dog owners do!!!
Next time I use the public footpath , I think I will be taking a stick with me!!!!!