logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pinkbush  
#1 Posted : 10 June 2013 20:19:46(UTC)
Pinkbush

Groups: Member

I have been up to the pond on sat to do a spot of fishing, the whole of the opposite bank has been completely stripped of the bushes it looks awful the hall has taken all the trees and shrubs away. There is no cover for the wildlife and for the fish to hide what the hell is happening does anyone know, surely this should not have happened
High Peak Harry  
#2 Posted : 11 June 2013 12:28:52(UTC)
High Peak Harry

It seems that Whaley is the epicentre of pond wrecking. I refer of course to last year's debacle of Taxal Duckpond. Let's see what happens here, if it is indeed as denuded as you suggest.
Pinkbush  
#3 Posted : 11 June 2013 16:51:44(UTC)
Pinkbush

Hi Harry come up to the pond and take a look its awful
Ferni  
#4 Posted : 17 June 2013 18:25:33(UTC)
Ferni

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I don't think it's awful at all.. rather a vast improvement ! 
It must be over 90 years since users of the CPA pond and area were able to see Whaley Hall. 
Down to a leaf the entire area was vastly overgrown and detrimental to all trees and foliage.  Gardens have to be maintained, as do parks and public spaces. Most trees in Whaley have gone beyond their aesthetic height, and are now dangerous and ill. 

The trees up near the end of the pond are in a disgraceful condition.: rotten branches, mould, ivy, broken boughs etc. Is the OP objecting to the pitiful condition of that too, because I'm certain the generation who devised and created the pond area would not have intended it to be in this condition. 

Whaley Hall has every right to maintain its garden .I took this photo yesterday. 

For those who can't get up to the CPA pond to witness the 'pond-wrecking' : 

Edited by moderator 13 July 2013 00:30:47(UTC)  | Reason: complaint

Ferni attached the following image(s):
1010024_10151708766973923_1992922425_n.jpg

Speak your truth quietly and clearly, and listen to others -even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
Horwich Ender  
#5 Posted : 20 July 2013 12:55:46(UTC)
Horwich Ender

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Good afternoon. 

Looks like more bushes are going to be removed.

http://www.buxtonadvertiser.co.uk/news/local/council-hedge-could-cause-fatal-accident-1-5860714

Pinkbush  
#6 Posted : 20 July 2013 22:26:42(UTC)
Pinkbush

Ah well that's how people view trees and shrubs cut them down. The problem with Reservoir road and the bend is. the idiots who come and fish love to park their cars on the pavement. Wheelchair users cannot get past so have to go on the road. I have asked people to move the cars as it double yellow lines. And all we get is a gob full of abuse. Also speeding cars and kids coming down on bikes with no brakes.
The other problem is people park on the little patch of grass cos they are too bone idle to walk from the car park. This offers a place to run onto when you meet the idiots who drive the big four wheelers and come down reservoir road in the middle of the road. Maybe teach people the rules of the road. trim the hedge as it certainly does need a good trim but lets see how its butchered.
Signage would also be good telling people that oncoming traffic in middle of the road and slow painted in the road might help. But until you educate ignorant drivers you will always have the risk of a bad accident there.