logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tidespring82  
#1 Posted : 15 May 2014 14:08:17(UTC)
tidespring82

Groups: Member
United Kingdom

I have just joined this site as I am interested in reading about the town I was born and grew up in.  My mother was Doreen Robinson (Nee Hill), we used to live on Williamson Road and my Grandma and Aunty Bertha lived in Wheatsheaf Cottages.

I am hoping to read something of the history of Whaley Bridge so that I can pass it on to my Children.
G. Jackson  
#2 Posted : 15 May 2014 14:18:02(UTC)
G. Jackson

Some people on this website use their own names and some use made up names; tidespring82, it would help if you were to use your real name when asking for information as you have.
G. Jackson  
#3 Posted : 15 May 2014 14:25:19(UTC)
G. Jackson

You may be my long lost friend (or worse!).
tidespring82  
#4 Posted : 15 May 2014 14:33:43(UTC)
tidespring82

United Kingdom

Thank you for the warm welcome G. Jackson and of course the mild telling off. I do not recall anybody with the name Jackson, though in this respect I could be mistaken as it is nearly 30 years since I moved from Whaley Bridge. My sole intention when joining this forum was to re-live some of my early life so that I can pass it on to my children, as well as catching up on what is happening today.
davethescope  
#5 Posted : 15 May 2014 16:19:41(UTC)
davethescope

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tidespring82 Go to Quoted Post
Thank you for the warm welcome G. Jackson and of course the mild telling off. I do not recall anybody with the name Jackson, though in this respect I could be mistaken as it is nearly 30 years since I moved from Whaley Bridge. My sole intention when joining this forum was to re-live some of my early life so that I can pass it on to my children, as well as catching up on what is happening today.

There is another very good local history site whose address it is not possible to post on here directly though I migh have slipped it through on my previous deleted message.    

Edited by user 15 May 2014 16:20:56(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

The optimist believes that Whaley Bridge is the best place in the world to live. The pessimist fears he might be correct.