logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rosie Burdock  
#1 Posted : 20 May 2014 05:04:18(UTC)
Rosie Burdock

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Congratulations to Barry Rudd on receiving this award last night
The hard work that he and his team put in every year to bring the Water Weekend to Whaley Bridge has finally been suitably recognised along with various other projects which he is involved with. This year the Water Weekend is June 6,7 and 8 and as ever volunteers for stewarding are needed
I will be helping out why not join in youselvesand experience the event from a different perspective

JonG  
#2 Posted : 20 May 2014 17:36:33(UTC)
JonG

Groups: Administration, Member

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Congratulations indeed to Barry Rudd .
I'm afraid I didn't make it to the meeting last night to see the award being presented, but Barry is fully deserving of it . Barry, and the rest of the WWW team put in an enormous amount of effort and time planning and organizing this community event and then putting it into action over the 3 days.
Help is always needed over the weekend, so if you are free then your help is always really appreciated.

Cheers
Jon.
Jon Goldfinch - Forum Administrator and Town Councillor
Whaley Bridge Town Council - Fernilee Ward

cllr.jong.wbtc@googlemail.com
Athena  
#3 Posted : 23 May 2014 10:21:07(UTC)
Athena

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Well done to Barry and all the volunteers who do a great job Last years water weekend was brilliant because of the fab weatherLets hope the weather this year is just as good because a wet weekend does ruin the event and spoils all the hard work of the organisersThe only downside to last years event was with the burgers I bought a stilton and chutney burger and although the sauce was lovely the burger was red raw in the middle I should have thrown my £3.50 straight in the charity box I will be avoiding the burgers this year but will still support the event if the weather is good My favourites are the meerkats which are back again this year Heres hoping for good weather on 6-7-8 June

Kippax  
#4 Posted : 27 May 2014 10:49:30(UTC)
Kippax

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I had a Whaley Burger last year which was overpriced and not very nice - won't be buying one this year. My money will be spent sampling the beer in the Goyt where Tony has promised a cellar full of goodies. Goyt = Best pub in Whaley and well worth a visit especially if it's raining.
John Landis  
#5 Posted : 29 May 2014 18:17:31(UTC)
John Landis

I rather liked the Whaley burgers, as did the public it seems given that they sold out early on Sunday when I went for my third one. I believe that there's a change in kitchen personnel this year and Jon the Whaley One has retired his golden spatula. Maybe Athena and Kippax should give them another try.
Kippax  
#6 Posted : 02 June 2014 12:14:32(UTC)
Kippax

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: John Landis Go to Quoted Post
I rather liked the Whaley burgers, as did the public it seems given that they sold out early on Sunday when I went for my third one. I believe that there's a change in kitchen personnel this year and Jon the Whaley One has retired his golden spatula. Maybe Athena and Kippax should give them another try.

I'm not that brave. Once bitten twice shy. The only food I'll possibly be sampling this weekend is Tony's nuts in the Goyt.  
JonG  
#7 Posted : 02 June 2014 13:09:41(UTC)
JonG

Groups: Administration, Member

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 13 post(s)
My Golden Spatula and I are not retired quite yet. I'll be helping with the burgers on the Friday night this year,and with the clearing up on the Sunday.
The people on the barbecue do change through the day anyway, and my apologies if it was me who provided you with an underdone one. We sold an enormous number and try to get each of them perfect. You really should have said something and we would have dealt with it immediately. I wouldn't have liked to get one that was underdone in the middle either. The burgers were very popular, and so I think they were priced about right. The money goes back in to help keep the event going , to provide the entertainment and bands etc, so it's all for a good cause.
Cheers

Jon.
Jon Goldfinch - Forum Administrator and Town Councillor
Whaley Bridge Town Council - Fernilee Ward

cllr.jong.wbtc@googlemail.com