logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
G. Jackson  
#1 Posted : 17 August 2009 16:14:51(UTC)
G. Jackson

Groups: Member

I noticed that Frederick has made a contribution to todays forum after reading the postings for some time. I too have been an avid reader being very housebound I have nothing else to do. I recently finished my 6 dozen moccasins and took the box full of finished items (all size 5 and I take a wide 7) to the factory in the Bingswood estate. Where have they gone?

As the regular contributors seem to remember nearly everything can they remember who used to shout "steak,sausage and chops, pies, puddings and potted meat etc etc. I think it was Jack  Brocklehurst the farmer but why was he at a butchers shop?

Speaking of shouting their wares can anyone remember Tom Dewshaw who sold from a suitcase and his shout was "Laces,braces and cotton socks" it went on for quite a bit but I cannot remember the rest

R. Stephenson-Smythe  
#2 Posted : 17 August 2009 16:35:39(UTC)
R. Stephenson-Smythe

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

A very warm welcome to this forum Mr Jackson,

A splendid opening effort from you if I may say so but it is a pity it was not posted on the historical side of the forum where you would probably get more answers to your excellent questions.

Can the post be moved over? It certainly deserves to be as topics on the general discussion side tend to disappear more quickly.

R. S-S