logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dora Gibson  
#21 Posted : 02 September 2009 23:31:29(UTC)
Dora Gibson

Groups: Member

Sorry to the R. SS or maybe it should be the SS. R which is a very posh name and you could sound like a battle ship!!!! Yes, I know my nautical terms, Port Out, Starboard Home! As for now, Mr S-S, you will have to put up with this print because my son Gibson usually types for me as I am rather worse for wear over these past years have rheumaticy hands and have only got to grips with the basic of getting on-computer and getting into this forum which is an absolute miracle.

Thank you everybody for you tips, but I really do feel that if I took those concoctions I would be in the lavatory for weeks. As for bannanas, they bring me out in a horrible rash!

I need to explain my son Gibson as I had originally baptised him Harold after his grandfather. He says that he had always hated his name and in later years after becoming an excellent guitarist (I don't know if this is correct), named himself after a guitar. Is this true?

I was thinking tother day about Horwich End versus Whaley Bridge and I thought about Palestine and Israel. Only difference is, we don't have tanks, mortar shells or suicide bombers - or do we? When I think bout the states of the folks in the local pubs, they were pretty suicidal and plain daft in my day! Sorry fellow Whaley Bridgers and those on the outside, but an old lady needs to do what an old lady needs to do. I don't think explanations are necessary!

Does anybody remember those strange folk the Critchlows who lived along the canal in some makeshift hut, but it was over the wall and headed toward Bugsworth? Their son William was rather smelly I remember, probably not through any fault of his own. They would light the odd bonfire to keep warm in the darker months and you could smell it for miles. I think Mrs Critchlow washed their clothes in the canal which is why they might have smelled horrible.
G. Jackson  
#22 Posted : 03 September 2009 16:44:44(UTC)
G. Jackson

Don't forget to treat an old soldier tonight if you are in a pub, remember what they went through for you 70 years ago today (70 years ago tomorrow if the old soldier is French and if he is a Yank don't buy him anything----Over here,over paid,over sexed )
Gnatalee  
#23 Posted : 03 September 2009 17:34:17(UTC)
Gnatalee

wily  
#24 Posted : 04 September 2009 19:16:29(UTC)

Groups: Guest

Hello Dora Gibson

Although I do know many Critchlow's I can't remember any of them living near the canal. Approximately what time period are you referring to?

On another matter, are you related to Andrew Gibson who lives on Macclesfield Road?