logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RockBanker  
#1 Posted : 04 September 2009 09:04:30(UTC)
RockBanker

Groups: Member
Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)

As some of you may have noticed in this weeks Advertiser the Borough Council has issued a series of maps showing possible housing and industrial development sites across the High Peak. You can download it from here:

http://www.highpeak.gov.uk/planning/localframework/CoreStrategy/Growth_Options_consultation.pdf 

Rock "Yellow Alert" Banker

TheShallcrossCode@hotmail.co.uk
Beverley_Macca  
#2 Posted : 04 September 2009 13:54:33(UTC)
Beverley_Macca

Woman

And who would have thought that area CC, where Whaley is to develop includes the infamous Taxal duck pond.

What are the chances of that happening?

Pure coincidence...

Nigel  
#3 Posted : 04 September 2009 17:15:44(UTC)

Groups: Guest

As I understand it the area that has been suggested as a possible location for development are the fields to the east of Linglongs Road, south of Macclesfield Road and west of the Botany Industrial Estate. To my knowledge the area does not go as far south to incorporate the Taxal Duckpond, which I believe has some sort of order on it preventing any developments taking place on the pond or the surrounding areas. Perhaps Cllr.JonG could update us on the Town Council's position and understanding of the current situation.

CllrJonG  
#4 Posted : 05 September 2009 02:52:02(UTC)
CllrJonG

Groups: Administration, Member

Hi, Beverley Macca ,

I attach 2 pictures.

The first picture shows the picture in the document supplied by HPBC  which indicates  area CC which is the proposed area for development.  Please see http://www.highpeak.gov.uk/planning/localframework/CoreStrategy/Growth_Options_consultation.pdf for full details.

The second  picture shows an enlarged  picture via Google Earth, on which I have roughly attempted to copy the boundaries, and with a red arrow indicating just how far away the duckpond is.

The red arrow shows just how far away the 'duckpond' is. It is nowhere near the boundary of the proposed development area. 

I hope to learn more about the proposals at  next weeks council meeting(Thursday,7.30pm), where it is on the agenda,

For those that are struggling to get their bearings, the big 'white' area on the right are the old  'Botany' buildings, and the road just above my painted white outline is the Macclesfield road, going left towards Macclesfiled.

Cheers

Jon

Edited by user 05 September 2009 14:32:59(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CllrJonG attached the following image(s):
CC_duckpond_orig.jpg
CC_duckpond.jpg
Jon Goldfinch - Forum Administrator and Town Councillor
Whaley Bridge Town Council - Fernilee Ward

cllr.jong.wbtc@googlemail.com
H  
#5 Posted : 06 September 2009 08:22:51(UTC)

Groups: Guest

What a coincidence. I was walking along Linglongs road the other day and thought what a nice view the residents had and wouldnt it be a nice part of Whaley to live. However, my one fear was  that there was potential to  build on those empty fields and fill them with cheap cardboard houses (like the ones opposite the board inn) or american style tasteless montrosities ( see the Stepford estate nr Hockerley lane) Hockerley .......... and lo and behold.............

RockBanker  
#6 Posted : 07 September 2009 12:11:22(UTC)
RockBanker

Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)

To quote the leaflet: "The general locations of these potential development options are shown in this leaflet. It is important to note that they do not indicate specific sites, nor the likely scale of development". To me it looks like they just did a quick squiggle with an electronic marker pen on the arial photographs.

Rock "Yellow Alert" Banker

TheShallcrossCode@hotmail.co.uk
CllrJonG  
#7 Posted : 07 September 2009 12:31:05(UTC)
CllrJonG

Good point RockBanker.

The other thing to note is that you can all comment on the proposals and make your views known using a form at:

http://highpeak-consult.limehouse.co.uk/portal/planning/jointcorestrategy/growthoptions

You can also read other peoples comments at this site. You will need to log in to fill the form in.

However , you can also go to Whaley Bridge library, view the proposals and submit your comments there.

Comments MUST be in by 1st October 2009.

I attach the document which indicates all the proposals.

Note that in addition to housing, you can also comment on the proposed sites for 'redevelopment of Industrial sites'. Two sites appear to affect Whaley Bridge. Both are indicated as 'CF' in the document. One is shown on the Whaley Bridge area picture, and the other is shown on the Chapel-en-le-frith aea picture.  I am not yet certain why the Bingswood Industrial Estate is not indicated as a site for potential redevelopment as part of the Core Strategy, and will try to clarify at the meeting on Thursday.

Cheers

Jon.

File Attachment(s):
Growth_Options_consultation_leaflet.pdf (2,062kb) downloaded 35 time(s).

nce  
#8 Posted : 11 September 2009 14:29:28(UTC)
nce

H wrote:

cheap cardboard houses (like the ones opposite the board inn)

Sometimes I wonder at the rudeness on this forum. I live in one of those houses, thanks. It wasn't cheap and it isn't cheaply built. You are welcome for a cuppa and look round.

N.

Radar  
#9 Posted : 18 September 2009 13:54:47(UTC)
Radar

CllrJonG wrote:

I hope to learn more about the proposals at  next weeks council meeting(Thursday,7.30pm), where it is on the agenda,

Cheers

Jon

Jon,

Did you manage to find out any further information regarding the proposed developments at the council meeting?

Thanks

CllrJonG  
#10 Posted : 21 September 2009 21:00:07(UTC)
CllrJonG

Hi Radar,

Sorry about the delay.

Several bits of information.

Firstly, WBTC is very concerned about this development. We feel that there are a number of factors which make this site unsuitable for a large scale housing development, and it was resolved that we write to HPBC reflecting our concerns. I personally am against it, as are the other councillors who were present and able to make their opinions known.

We heard from a number of residents who live on the road who will be affected directly by the development. Amongst them is John Ashton, who with others is coordinating a local campaign to let people know what is going on. Myself and Cllr Horsfall went and helped him and others on Sunday morning deliver letters and copies of the consultation document to everybody up and around Macclesfield Road. It is very important that the 'Central Area' section of this at least  is filled in by people, along with comments. We will be revisiting at a later date to try and urge people to fill them in and to get a petition signed.

In my original post, I questioned why the Bingswood Industrial estate was not identified as a 'redevelopment of industrial sites' CF option in the area in the core strategy document. It was confirmed at the meeting, and subsequently reconfirmed in a call to HPBC planning department, that what this actually means is that they want to take existing identified industrial sites and redevelop these into mixed housing AND industrial areas, which is specifically what we do NOT want to happen to Bingswood. I am therefore very happy that the core strategy document does not identify Bingswood as an area to turn into mixed housing and industrial plots.  If this was done I can only see it reducing the number and the type of local jobs and industries which could be supported on the site.

In my phone call to HPBC, I tried to find out how it was that the MAcc road site was identified in the first place. It turns out that the core strategy document is based on a strategic housing land availability assessment document (SHLAA), which is available on the HPBC website. I attach it here as a pdf. associated with this document, and also on the HPBC website are some more detailed maps indicating the areas in Whaley which are considered as potentially suitable for housing. The maps show the Macc rd site in more detail, and it is clear that the core strategy document has increased the size of the area. Note that the other Whaley sites appear to have been filtered out based on some 'toolkit' assessment which takes into account flood risks and other detail. You can see the report and maps at their location on the HPBC website -
http://www.highpeak.gov.uk/planning/localframework/EvidenceBase/StrategicHousingLandAvailabilityAssessment.asp

It is important to remember that at this stage we are in a consultation stage.  I believe that the more people that say no at this point and express their views via the mechanism provided, even if they are not directly affected by the development, then the more chance there is that this site will be filtered out and not included on the final Joint Core Strategy.

Cheers
Jon.

File Attachment(s):
SHLAA_FINAL_REPORT_11th_June.pdf (3,158kb) downloaded 14 time(s).
WhaleyBridge_Chinley.pdf (2,201kb) downloaded 23 time(s).