logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dora Gibson  
#21 Posted : 24 September 2009 23:35:24(UTC)
Dora Gibson

Groups: Member

Well et al of you, when I have made a comment about the history of Whaley Bridge, nothing has been forthcoming from anyone as yet, i.e., the stinky Critchlows who were so through no fault of their own and also the shop half-way up Macclesfield Old Road. So forgive me for my wanderings into other areas, but at my age, this is very much the norm and not very enjoyable - I can tell you!

So come on you sensible, down-to-earth bods, who remembers Sid Cousins who had the butchers shop before the Andrews and the now award-winning sausage shop at Horwich End?????

p.s. Are we all still up for a bonfire party?
G. Jackson  
#22 Posted : 29 September 2009 12:47:56(UTC)
G. Jackson

My Dear Dora,

Well,well, it's a long time since anyone mentioned the name of Sid Cousins to me. I knew him very well. His mother and father had the pub called the New Inn ( long before it changed it's name to The Jolly Roger ). After their death ( I seem to remember ) Sid's sister Elouise ran it. Sid trained as a butcher with The WB&B Coop and then had the butchers now known for prize winning sausages before an illness made him retire early to the south coast. As I have not heard of him for over 50 years I can only presume he is now butchering upstairs. Perhaps George can remember him?

george  
#23 Posted : 30 September 2009 15:24:55(UTC)
george

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Sorry Mr.G I heard the name around years but I've never known him at least not by name.