logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Devious  
#1 Posted : 14 January 2010 20:17:04(UTC)
Devious

Groups: Member

A man with a wonderful knowledge of the history of Whaley Bridge will be greatly missed - Everard Andrew who passed away recently.  The funeral was held at Trinity Church yesterday.  He had an exquisite memory and would reminisce about the past to the delight of his listeners.

Devious

Gnatalee  
#2 Posted : 14 January 2010 21:13:19(UTC)
Gnatalee

Groups: Member

Thank you for posting about Everard Andrew - a name I have heard many times, but a person I did not know. My grandparents, who lived on Macc Road, often talked about him. He must have been a good age.

I hope that those who listened to Everard's reminiscences would repeat them to others, or even write them down (on here, preferably !) It would help preserve the village history, which those of us who post on the local history part of the forum are so keen to hear or learn about.

Our thoughts and best wishes to Everard's family from myself and my Dad (who remembered him immediately when I told him the sad news).

Gnats

Edited by user 14 January 2010 21:14:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

wolfy  
#3 Posted : 14 January 2010 21:39:39(UTC)

Groups: Guest

i knew Ev when he had the butchers with his brother Bob and a damn fine shop it was too. He was a great Man with a wonderful family. My thoughts are with Jean, Mark and Martin