logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
umtali  
#1 Posted : 26 March 2010 12:47:08(UTC)

Groups: Guest

Edited by user 23 April 2010 20:41:37(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

umtali attached the following image(s):
ffurness1.jpg
furness2.jpg
mount.jpg
umtali  
#2 Posted : 26 March 2010 16:59:56(UTC)

A few years later?

umtali attached the following image(s):
furness3.jpg
CllrJonG  
#3 Posted : 29 March 2010 22:24:52(UTC)
CllrJonG

Groups: Administration, Member

Yes, thats a proper 'I'm not happy' look ! Although the world they lived in has changed a huge amount, the expressions stay the same.

Cheers

Jon.

Jon Goldfinch - Forum Administrator and Town Councillor
Whaley Bridge Town Council - Fernilee Ward

cllr.jong.wbtc@googlemail.com
umtali  
#4 Posted : 30 March 2010 14:43:56(UTC)

The little boy on his right doesn’t look too happy with the seating arrangement.
CllrJonG  
#5 Posted : 03 June 2010 22:47:30(UTC)
CllrJonG

Umtali - why did you delete post #1 , which was a great picture.?

Could you put it up again ?

Cheers

Jon.

G. Jackson  
#6 Posted : 03 June 2010 23:37:55(UTC)
G. Jackson

Groups: Member

Here we go again, Deleted posts mess it up for everyone!!!!!!!!

umtali  
#7 Posted : 04 June 2010 06:34:21(UTC)

I thought that I had moved it to the original R. S-S. library, Just checked it’s not there, I did move a lot of the original re-touched pictures to that location, most if not all of Gnatalee’s repaired images are certainly there.
It is now back on site. (It is of course Furness Vale School).

umtali

P.S.
I have also included the picture mount detail, I thought it interesting that the location of the photographer was Southport; one wonders how he carted about the tools of his trade, mobile darkroom perhaps?

Edited by user 04 June 2010 06:54:38(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CllrJonG  
#8 Posted : 04 June 2010 11:16:09(UTC)
CllrJonG

Thanks**,

I'm putting together some script to accompany all the pictures you kindly printed for Whaley Water Weekend. As a result i'm trawling through the forum to match the pictures and capture some of the information that resulted in the subsequent discussions. (as well as digging out other info from elsewhere) Although there wasn't much information in this particular thread it demonstrates how removing pictures can cause problems later on for people trying to use the forum as a historical resource. I only knew this picture used to be here because I posted a comment about it.. It's likely that anyone else trying to do this would have not been able to match comments with picture if the picture had vanished. The other thing of course is that people looking at the website in future would not be able to post information they possessed about a picture which wasn't there !

Thanks for putting it back, and thanks also for the mount detail. You are right - the tools of the trade then were pretty heavy I think. I wonder if he travelled by train and stopped off at locations on the way.

I think the local history section of this forum is one of the jewels of Whaley Bridge, and I thank you and all the other contributors for your contributions. 

Cheers

Jon.

umtali  
#9 Posted : 04 June 2010 15:51:44(UTC)

I am doing my best to restore any deleted or rather re-located pictures to their original position in the postings.  As per Jon’s request.
I have completed a few this afternoon, but do not recall which picture my very first post contained on March 25th an enhanced photograph.   Can anyone remember please?

Also I will restore any others that are pointed out to me. I am however not about to restore any time wasting responses to my critics as these have no historical value whatsoever, pictures only.

I will of course only be able to move forward from March 25th 2010
Thanks for any helpful reminders.
umtali

parabuild  
#10 Posted : 04 June 2010 16:08:15(UTC)
parabuild

Man

I think your first restored photo was of the celebration gathering at Horwich End featuring the fountain

umtali  
#11 Posted : 04 June 2010 18:29:34(UTC)

Thanks Mr Parabuild - now in place I think.

R. Stephenson-Smythe  
#12 Posted : 04 June 2010 21:33:45(UTC)
R. Stephenson-Smythe

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

umtali wrote:

I am doing my best to restore any deleted or rather re-located pictures to their original position in the postings.  As per Jon’s request.
I have completed a few this afternoon, but do not recall which picture my very first post contained on March 25th an enhanced photograph.   Can anyone remember please?

Also I will restore any others that are pointed out to me. I am however not about to restore any time wasting responses to my critics as these have no historical value whatsoever, pictures only.

I will of course only be able to move forward from March 25th 2010
Thanks for any helpful reminders.
umtali

None of this would be necessary if you hadn’t messed about with the whole forum.

I think you should do as much as you can to restore what you have perhaps destroyed and when you have done so an apology would be in order; and then you should agree not to compromise any more of this marvellous historical discussion.

You have been out of order on too many occasions and if you continue I shall report you to the admin.

R. S-S

umtali  
#13 Posted : 05 June 2010 07:52:56(UTC)

umtali

Is the real problem here R. S-S. not the total lack of response to the long list of web projects handed out by you in the Local History Website string over the past few weeks?

I made just one suggestion yesterday that Norm acknowledged but it really did upset you when the string suddenly came to life with strongly felt opinions (Including encouragement for Norm’s efforts).

This clearly brought you out of a three-day sulk in full venom mode. Accept my advice - drop the know it all domineering headmaster approach to the forum and you might just get a more interested reaction from members.

May I also remind you that a vast amount of the image repair work completed by me since joining the forum was on show in the picture album attached to the Errwood Site, it was deleted by Norm but that is up to him,  unlike you and others in similar circumstances I made no comment.

Edited by user 05 June 2010 07:55:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Norm  
#14 Posted : 05 June 2010 09:49:22(UTC)
Norm

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

umtali wrote:

umtali

May I also remind you that a vast amount of the image repair work completed by me since joining the forum was on show in the picture album attached to the Errwood Site, it was deleted by Norm but that is up to him,  unlike you and others in similar circumstances I made no comment.

Not 100% sure about the last comment that I deleted the vast amount of image repair work and no one made comments.

As I said in the very first post in the “Local History Website” that this was a temporary action while I move them across in to the album I am creating. The album you created was a part of the Errwood site and I thought they should be separate. Since it was temporary, and not an act of stupid vandalism, I did not think it required a comment.

Those photos, and I hope more, should re-appear in the album over the coming days, or whenever. The work you did on repairing photos has not been dismissed, they may not be in the album at the moment but they have not been deleted.
umtali  
#15 Posted : 05 June 2010 12:44:36(UTC)

Norm:

Think you need to read the last bit again slowly Norm it says, “I made no comment” – I being me -**, - no one expected a comment from you.

Please don’t respond we are boring people to death with this unending tedious dialogue.
umtali  
#16 Posted : 05 June 2010 13:06:10(UTC)

Norm:

Think you need to read the last bit again slowly Norm it says, “I made no comment” – I being me -**, - no one expected a comment from you.

Please don’t respond we are boring people to death with this unending tedious dialogue.
Norm  
#17 Posted : 05 June 2010 13:34:41(UTC)
Norm

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

I am sorry that you have responded like that. You mentioned my name in a post and all I wanted was clarification as to what it meant. I still do not understand what the whole gist of the statement about me deleting the album is about.

Responding with a comment saying I should read it slowly is insulting and then telling me not to respond is also insulting and childish, I really cannot grasp what you are on about. Just because someone doesn’t understand you should not result in such actions. Please leave my name out of posts if you do not wish a response from me, and I suppose that is true about anyone on a forum.

G. Jackson  
#18 Posted : 05 June 2010 15:11:20(UTC)
G. Jackson

The forum is going down the pan like the last one. There is a way to save it though. R.S-S says he is not going to respond to**'s posts. This sounds a good way of dealing with him.I am henceforth joining R.S-S.

G. J.

R. Stephenson-Smythe  
#19 Posted : 05 June 2010 15:42:09(UTC)
R. Stephenson-Smythe

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Good for you, Glenda,

Can I just say how mightily impressed I was with your word “henceforth”?

I think it is the first time it has made an appearance on this forum.
Congratulations.

R. S-S
umtali  
#20 Posted : 05 June 2010 16:40:45(UTC)