logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
umtali  
#1 Posted : 09 April 2010 08:33:08(UTC)

Groups: Guest

Edited by user 23 April 2010 20:21:14(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CllrJonG  
#2 Posted : 10 April 2010 11:02:34(UTC)
CllrJonG

Groups: Administration, Member

Hi**,

Noone has complained about your improvements to the pictures, and in fact there have been positive comments. You didn't need to delete them. It is simple to get them back by using the undelete button. My point was actually about Hollys research project. If she puts something together it seems right that she should at least indicate somewhere that  photos and information have come from the forum and from various (albeit anonymous)users of that forum.  In your case you might want to simply edit your original posts to add that your picture is a reprocessed, cleaned up image of an original suppied/posted by X. You dont need to delete them.

To recover the pictures you have deleted, simply use the 'undelete' button, and then if neccessary edit the post to add some brief text along the lines of that above.Noone has yet complained, so you could just undelete the ones you have deleted,  and then for future ones consider adding a credit to the original poster..

It was never my intention that you should delete the images you have cleaned up, but as a general guideline think it is probably right that if people copy and redistribute a photo they should reference where possible the original poster.

How do the more frequent  'posters'  on the forum feel about this?

Cheers

Jon.

Jon Goldfinch - Forum Administrator and Town Councillor
Whaley Bridge Town Council - Fernilee Ward

cllr.jong.wbtc@googlemail.com
Gnatalee  
#3 Posted : 10 April 2010 11:18:36(UTC)
Gnatalee

Groups: Member

No-o-o-o - please don't remove the cleaned up photos !! 

Your contributions of "tidied-up" photos have been most welcome from my point of view. In some instances the improvement to clarity is quite amazing, eg my very old photo of the football team and I, for one, very much appreciate you efforts. Additionally, I have only seen positive comments on the board regarding your posts.

Keep posting** - you obviously know your stuff ! 

Gnats

Edited by user 10 April 2010 11:20:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R. Stephenson-Smythe  
#4 Posted : 10 April 2010 13:32:27(UTC)
R. Stephenson-Smythe

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Hi Jon,

Fancy Peter Noone complaining about**’s improvements to the photos.

I personally can only see that** is benefiting this forum.

As regards to the photos I put on: I really don’t care what happens to them. I put them on to hopefully educate and interest people. I think it is better if you can to tell a bit of a tale or give some background information to the photos.

I really think this side of the forum has taken a turn for the better of late.

R. S-S
Horwich Ender  
#5 Posted : 10 April 2010 16:56:07(UTC)
Horwich Ender

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Typical of Peter Noone to complain about**'s photographs. He's always been a trouble causer and I've never liked him since he thought he was Henery the Eighth.

I agree with Gnatalee and R. S-S.** is doing a terrific job and is a very welcome addition to this forum.

I do however think it is polite and proper to get the agreement of the original posters of the pictures before the photo's are improved. Gnatalee, R. S-S and george have already confirmed they are happy for** to use their photo's and I would hope the other regular picture posters such as Parabuild, Curious, Curtaintwitcher, and Devious will do the same.

umtali  
#6 Posted : 10 April 2010 18:43:28(UTC)

Edited by user 23 April 2010 20:21:59(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Curious  
#7 Posted : 10 April 2010 20:36:11(UTC)
Curious

Woman

I think the photos** has worked his magic on are brilliant and I am more than happy to have improvements made to any pictures I've posted on the Forum.  The Horwich End Fountain, which caused quite a stir at the time, has come out great.  Would/could it be any better if the original photo was scanned on better equipment than I have at home?  It does have a bit of a blurred area to the left of the Fountain, but**'s version is better than the original which is a bit tatty round the edges!

I think it is a great idea to store these photos on the web for the future and I look forward to seeing many more.

Mrs Curious

umtali  
#8 Posted : 11 April 2010 08:28:18(UTC)

Edited by user 23 April 2010 20:22:24(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified