logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
umtali  
#1 Posted : 26 April 2010 14:29:22(UTC)

Groups: Guest

The Errwood Hall project now in the Local History section contains a vast amount off research and information collected by members I propose that we set up a joint venture by the members to consign the Errwood Posting to a website located in a Sticky folder at the forum header entitled Websites.

I would welcome suggestions as to layout and wording, colour scheme anything that you feel will give us a stylish, informative and easy site to navigate,

umtali 

Edited by user 01 May 2010 05:39:11(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

curtaintwitcher  
#2 Posted : 26 April 2010 14:44:20(UTC)
curtaintwitcher

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Indeed a fantastic idea and a great way forward!!!
R. Stephenson-Smythe  
#3 Posted : 26 April 2010 19:29:50(UTC)
R. Stephenson-Smythe

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Well upon my word; I never thought I would see such a thing.

This is first class. I have absolutely no idea how you do these things but top marks to you.

Such a very great pity that my dear friend Peter Jodrell, who loved Errwood and the Goyt Valley, will not be able to see it or contribute to it. He knew more about that place than anyone else.

It was his funeral last Friday but I know he would have loved to have been involved with and contributed to this.

Only a few weeks ago we were talking about going to see the Rhododendrons and Azaleas this June.
Sadly that will not now happen.
I miss him like hell already.

Goodbye, Pete.

R. S-S
Curious  
#4 Posted : 26 April 2010 21:41:08(UTC)
Curious

Woman

Brilliant idea - thanks**.  I’ve been cutting and pasting info and pictures from some of the Local History threads into MS Word documents (just in case the Forum gets shut down), but a web site is a far better idea. Count me in for any help needed – I could check for bad spelling and grammar, and could proof read/amend if nobody else wants to do it and type up anything that can’t be pasted easily.

I guess we need to contact each other off line and work out the best way to take this forward – Councillor John can give my email address to** if he asks him for it (R. S-S already has it).

The web site design looks good.

Standing by for futher instructions.

Mrs Curious

snowy  
#5 Posted : 28 April 2010 07:50:44(UTC)
snowy

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

This sounds like a good idea**. Best wishes for the new web site.

I can't really contribute anything but can I add a couple of suggestions?

1. Put a link to the new site on the Wikipedia entry for Errwood Hall. This may increase the number of visitors to your site, who may prove to be useful sources of information.

(By the way if you look at the "history" tab on the Wikipedia entry you can see that it's constantly being updated by someone called "Whaley Tim". Might be worth trying to contact him as well, as he seems to know quite a lot about Errwood).

2. Have a look at this site http://www.grimshaworigin.org/Webpages2/ErrwoodGoyt.htm. It seems to be well researched and to be a good summary of the history of the family and the hall.

snowy  
#6 Posted : 28 April 2010 08:37:40(UTC)
snowy

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Wasn't trying to suggest that you should cut and paste from the other site,**. It was just to give you an idea of what 's been done up to now, which will hopefully inspire everyone to do even better! 

Here's a link to the Wikipedia entry I was referring to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Errwood_Hall

umtali  
#7 Posted : 28 April 2010 09:48:13(UTC)

Sorry snowy I didn’t mean to give that impression I know that is not what you were saying, I have been giving your suggestion on the outside links some thought, great suggestion worth either a separate page or on the Credits  page

Thanks
Umtali.

Edited by user 05 May 2010 20:05:55(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Horwich Ender  
#8 Posted : 01 May 2010 17:28:16(UTC)
Horwich Ender

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Good afternoon**

The location of the Hall is just off your map. It's to the west of box 1.

umtali  
#9 Posted : 08 May 2010 06:27:01(UTC)

I have added new pictures to the website: The Google Earth view of Erwood and the reservoirs. The car park can be seen on all the pictures, a few notes on how to make ones way there from Whaley Bridge will be appreciated.Now on site many thanks.

Thanks
umtali

Page: Location  

Edited by user 09 May 2010 05:51:00(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified