logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BarryRudd  
#1 Posted : 16 June 2010 23:26:37(UTC)
BarryRudd

Groups: Member

Hi all

Well it's time I got to giving my thanks.

Barrie Walker has done some of it for me by detailing the excellent work of the boat crews without whom there would be no Water Weekend.

So here we go-feels a bit like the New years honours list

To:

Barrie Walker (previous chairman) for his little orange book that gave me the contacts. His skills and position as "Boat master" and his advice when I needed it.  And for letting me get on with the job.

James (Middleton) -fund raiser extraordinare for his dedication to the task in his inimitable style.  For dealing with the paperazi and for going on High Peak radio for me when I was on my chin strap.

Lucy - an absolute star who organised the site, my right hand woman who was totally unflappable on the day and exceeded even my expectations.

Not even a committee member-Emma, who I met on a probably ill advised (a few days before the event) brewery trip to Bollington with Goyt wines-another star who worked tirelessly along with "H" who was packing up with us in the pouring rain.

Next up:

All our advertisers and sponsors and in addition the flower shop who now welcome the Morris dancers in front of their shop.  Bellas cafe that promoted the weekend and helped us with the stage construction and Drinkwaters who must suffer some inconvenience on Saturday but still cut timber for us late on Friday.

Paul that loaned us the generator.

Evelyn - our treasurer who still has work to do and Anna who is recovering from an operation and frustrated at not being there on the day.

On drums and bass Mr Pete Dunn-who was my local band coordinator who did an oustanding job and the five local bands that played free of charge for the community.

The volunteer stewards of all ages

All acts, performers, displays and stall holders

Pam Wilson-and her DCC youth workers

Martin Wood-who did the cinema and TV

The organisers of Furness Field day- who inspired me.

Jon - who organised the photo display with the local history society

The town council- who supported us and gave us use of the Mechanics Institute

I apologise if I have forgotten anyone- and you may see some edits tomorrow

Cheers and thank you for thanking us

Barry

Edited by user 17 June 2010 08:24:27(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

sometimes over the hill - but never far away.
barrwalk  
#2 Posted : 17 June 2010 10:18:07(UTC)
barrwalk

Man

Thanks for the thanks Barry. On behalf of all who were involved in the organisation I have to say that the way you took up the challenge when the elected chairman decided that he was going AWOL, just after he was elected, was admirable and unprecedented.

Yes, there was a successful organisation to build on but you soon grasped the 'nettle' and took the whole event up to a new level and brought in new ideas along with one or two new volunteers.

Long may that be the case and here's to next year.       Well done everybody!

Barrie Walker (Past Chairman)

Edited by user 17 June 2010 10:19:40(UTC)  | Reason: typo's

Pete D  
#3 Posted : 19 June 2010 18:48:28(UTC)
Pete D

Also thanks for the thanks Barry ! It was an excellentweekend and I think you have done us all proud. Let's keep up the effort all you good folks ! Cheers!
BarryRudd  
#4 Posted : 19 June 2010 22:56:44(UTC)
BarryRudd

Thanks Pete

All thanks are equal but some more equal than others?-I've had one today from John Patterson, who was very impressed with the whole event.  Much of that is down to you and the bands.

Can't get you on the phone.  Before I agreed to do this next year I phoned all key people to ensure that they are on board.  Just txt Y or N :)

PS sorry for asking I know it will be Y :)

Thanks

Edited by user 20 June 2010 08:48:53(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

sometimes over the hill - but never far away.
Pete D  
#5 Posted : 23 July 2010 20:33:18(UTC)
Pete D

Hi. Of course it is YES! With a full year to think about how to go about it, we should do even better next year. Looking forward to it already!