logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
umtali  
#1 Posted : 18 June 2010 08:49:37(UTC)

Groups: Guest

The question of how any public building falls into private hands is just that: a question.

Usually the trustees agree that there is not enough usage and they can not afford the upkeep so they cash it in. Just where the monies go is yet another question.

Fernilee Hall was certainly bought or rented (probably bought) a long time ago by the Company known as Stampiton Press Limited; now The Stampiton Group. They used it for storage.
It was certainly in their possession in 1972 and it has changed hands a number of times since in the last 30 odd years I would imagine.

Ferni,

You are correct the toxic waste land fill site was in the position where the horses now graze. On a clear night you can see them positively glowing.

Just getting back to Fernilee Reservoir I will be able to let you see quite a few photos of the works in progress and the various contracts awarded for the works.

The largest builder in the area at the time was our old pals Z & W Wade Ltd from Whaley.

And do you know what? Good old Zacker and Wacker only won 1 of the contracts and that was to build the watermen’s cottages on the left hand side as you go down towards the dam wall.
I must say that, as always, Z & W did a very fine job of them.

R. S-S

By the way Ferni,

The reason I use large text is because one member of our forum has a little trouble with his vision so it is done to make reading a bit easier for him.
It would be nice if others took note.

umtali attached the following image(s):
width.jpg
Ferni  
#2 Posted : 18 June 2010 10:38:04(UTC)
Ferni

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

nope...

at 800 it's still too wide

on another forum I use the recommended max. width is 600 or less

Speak your truth quietly and clearly, and listen to others -even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
umtali  
#3 Posted : 18 June 2010 12:09:46(UTC)

#7 Posted  -    Click  (the 7)  to see 16 pictures that say 800 pixels is spot on.  Nothing missing on any.

Not all forums are the same layout.

umtali attached the following image(s):
600p.jpg
Ferni  
#4 Posted : 21 June 2010 23:44:20(UTC)
Ferni

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I still have to shufle across slightly and line up.. but hey, it's not difficult. My monitor is still square so maybe that has an effect.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly, and listen to others -even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
umtali  
#5 Posted : 22 June 2010 06:25:17(UTC)

There is another factor that affects what one fits on screen -  Display Settings.

In XP – Start / Control Panel / Appearance and Thames / Display Settings – On my machine which I believe is fairly standard it is set to 1024 x 768 pixels.

The higher these numbers the more fits on screen, the lower for example 800 x 600 much less. But of course with low settings the image is larger i.e. text. (The lower settings might be better for Georges vision needs).

It comes down to personal preference my setting is right for my requirements.
It is worth taking a look at the size options available, Spread Sheets can be more user friendly with higher settings for example.

It would be interesting to know what settings are generally in use here.