logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
george  
#1 Posted : 22 December 2010 16:11:20(UTC)
george

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

A friend who is interested in the history of W.B. who wanders, observes and ponders was looking at the house on the corner of Buxton Rd. and Macclesfield Rd. (Hulmes I think) and says inside it looks like has never been altered. It is interesting from a local histroy point of view. Does any one have any idea when it was built?

George  

G. Jackson  
#2 Posted : 22 December 2010 17:09:53(UTC)
G. Jackson

The corner of the house was cut off to enable traffic to turn the corner more easily. I seem to remember this being done twice when more was taken off when the traffic lights were installed.

R. Stephenson-Smythe  
#3 Posted : 23 December 2010 14:56:38(UTC)
R. Stephenson-Smythe

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

G. Jackson wrote:

The corner of the house was cut off to enable traffic to turn the corner more easily. I seem to remember this being done twice when more was taken off when the traffic lights were installed.

Well here we go yet again.

Another ludicrous post from G Jackson, whom Horwich Ender alleges to be a madman.

Horwich Ender I have suspected that you may be correct for some time now; indeed the allegations are now proven.

Mr G Jackson may I suggest you confine your contributions to the thread ‘Is G Jackson Mad?’
That way we can judge you and your posts for what they are: complete madness.

I mean really; people are taking the time to come on here and ask questions about various historical matters and you come up with that effort.

Below I’ll load a photo of the house in question and you might be able to help us all out with the statement that the house had the corner cut off to enable the traffic to turn the corner more easily.

You’ll see on the photo that the corner is already ‘cut off’ and you will also notice how busy the road is with traffic. Almost M25 standards.
I can almost see the man in the photo quaking in his boots whilst trying to negotiate the busy highway.

This photo is, of course, pre traffic lights so another lump must have been shaved of according to you some time later on.
Which additional bit can you remember being removed?

I think Fedup is going to need plenty of heather wine when he reads this lot.

R. S-S

G. Jackson  
#4 Posted : 23 December 2010 20:04:39(UTC)
G. Jackson

Now if that's not a nasty remark by R. S-S I don't know what is!

He infers that the house in question has not changed since the photograph he recently posted was taken.

Does he drive through Whaley Bridge with his eyes shut.

The whole side of the building has been renewed taking out the dog-leg wall. Also the old window positions were not renewed but new ones re-sited.

He also calls himself a Horwich End boy !

In another thread he says there never was a scout group at Dove Holes, a fact disproved within 1 day.

Has he lost it?  Should we start a thread " Is R S-S bozz-eyed"

G.J.

Fedup  
#5 Posted : 23 December 2010 21:55:15(UTC)
Fedup

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Now be careful you two, or you'll have Cllr Jon jumping on you like a bag of spanners.....or do I mean a ton of bricks? Hic!.........

Edited by user 23 December 2010 21:56:17(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified