logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BarryRudd  
#1 Posted : 12 March 2011 00:50:21(UTC)
BarryRudd

Groups: Member

Hello all,

It is intended that there will be a Whaley Bridge "tent" at local and neighbouring  events to promote the town and its organisations.

To this end, a delegation from W3 attended the New Mills "One World Festival" AGM this evening.  We were made most welcome and we intend to nurture and foster co-operation between progressive organisations within Whaley and those of our neighbours in the High Peak

Thanks

Please join Whaley Bridge Water Weekend on Facebook or the new Whaley Bridge page

Edited by user 14 March 2011 15:58:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

sometimes over the hill - but never far away.
tyke  
#2 Posted : 12 March 2011 09:31:34(UTC)
tyke

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

The Whaley Bridge Tent sounds like a brilliant idea. We live in a place surrounded by some lovely countryside and any sort of promotion to encourage visitors to the town would be most welcome especially to the many businesses based here. Nice to see the co-operation as well. The one world festival has been going ever since I arrived here in WB. Does anybody know just how long?

Norm  
#3 Posted : 12 March 2011 09:49:56(UTC)
Norm

Man

tyke wrote:

The Whaley Bridge Tent sounds like a brilliant idea. We live in a place surrounded by some lovely countryside and any sort of promotion to encourage visitors to the town would be most welcome especially to the many businesses based here. Nice to see the co-operation as well. The one world festival has been going ever since I arrived here in WB. Does anybody know just how long?

This year is number 22.

Norm

Tillergirl  
#4 Posted : 13 March 2011 09:52:45(UTC)
Tillergirl

Are there any local events coming up this weekend or in the Near Future - folk clubs - good music - places to go for sensible chat and conversation - not really interested in Green Leprechauns being of welsh extraction

Edited by user 13 March 2011 09:55:42(UTC)  | Reason: Forthcoming local events.

lord cornflake  
#5 Posted : 14 March 2011 14:37:29(UTC)
lord cornflake

Turtle Zed are playing The Board Inn this saturday,I know that.Not sure about anything else.

Benga  
#6 Posted : 18 March 2011 11:42:31(UTC)

Groups: Guest

I thought the blokes from TZ had done the decent thing and retired.

tyke  
#7 Posted : 18 March 2011 13:09:52(UTC)
tyke

Man
United Kingdom

Tillergirl, I expect Tony will have the 6 nations on in the Goyt, you mentioned being Welsh, so I'm sure you will have at least a passing interest in the Rugby, I believe they are playing the very final match in the series (against France) this saturday, Personally I'm English so i'm rooting for a Grand Slam but we shall see! Apart from the odd bore that you get in any pub, probably the best places to go for conversation are either the Goyt or Shepherds, rarely any bands in either as they are both quite small.