logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
umtali  
#1 Posted : 03 May 2011 11:41:09(UTC)

Groups: Guest

As many members of the forum are aware pictures published by me are displayed on my personal web-space, there is of course a very obvious option to view or ignore. 

If I find after feedback that an image has offended I will remove it immediately as per the Chapel crash paste up.

However should someone care to misappropriate an image and republish it under their own name perpetuating the upset for forum members or visitors, I am sorry but there is nothing I can do to help.

Norm  
#2 Posted : 03 May 2011 11:53:07(UTC)
Norm

Groups: Member
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Thank you, I shall remove it.

Norm

umtali  
#3 Posted : 04 May 2011 08:17:05(UTC)

Groups: Guest

On April 28th I posted eight historical pictures, the feed back is interesting.

The fact remains that I don't like this** chappie,…Said Buggyite

He is as much use to this forum as something you may put your foot in…. Said Norm

This nutcase has been disrupting the forum for months…Said G. Jackson

The forum police have now deleted the picture access; the above comments remain on screen

Strange philosophy

Norm  
#4 Posted : 04 May 2011 08:56:50(UTC)
Norm

Groups: Member
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

As usual a one sided perspective, let's have another.

You posted a photograph of a crashed truck. There follows debate about where it was, and Hayfield is the conclusion. As far as I know a friend of R.S-S's, who is not a member of the forum, contacts him because he thinks it was in Chapel. So I put a post on the thread stating more research is needed because it may be in Chapel.

Here we go..

You just had to put a distasteful photograph showing the crash in Chapel. Why do that? It is not needed.

Mr Jackson complains. You did not remove it and apologise, you changed it to something else, that old trick of changing posts to discredit the following posts. I put the photograph back, since you did not apologise, maybe that was a mistake and if it was I have no problem apologising. I removed the photograph later, and I put a message on stating that.

Then you up the temperature by adding a post stating that
"The bottom line is Norm decided the crash picture occurred in Chapel-en-le- Frith and is now doing his best to once again hide the fact he was incorrect by directing attention in another direction."

What is that about? This is a history site where research is needed, people often make mistakes that is what it is all about. You try to turn the thread into some sort of battle, your attitude is quite strange. The above statement is absolute rubbish. Even if I was wrong, so what? I am not bothered, I have made many mistakes in my life and always admit it. You seem to have a problem with that. There is no need for such a post, it creates tension that is not needed.

The thread falls apart because of your trick of changing previous posts. This has been stated many times on the forum and you still do it. If you wanted to remove the distasteful photograph why not do it, and put on a message that you have removed it and why, instead of just changing it and saying nothing. Adding that to the unneeded post about me that is why you get statements like the ones above.

Norm