logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bangerlad61  
#21 Posted : 01 June 2013 14:05:31(UTC)
Bangerlad61

Groups: Member
United Kingdom

Think someone has got us mixed up here. We don't make any noise before 10am and are packed up by 7pm over the weekend we was hardly about some was at mildenhall racing some racing at Buxton on Sunday and Monday. Yer we used a petrol saw on Sunday we also used it today if We could cut steel as quick with something else I would we don't use it that often and we try to be as quiet as possible we do not intend to be rude or inconsiderate. Sat nite we was out for a meal 8pm at memories of India Sunday we was at a BBQ from 6pm. I personally invite all of u to come down and speak to us as we don't want to come across rude and inconsiderate we ain't here for ever just trying to have a hobby we also work so don't come down thru week some weekends are quieter some are noisier to build a banger car we do need to make noise we try and do the noisy bits as quickly as possible and never unsociable hours. If you come for a chat we can come to some sort of agreement as doing it over here will take forever meet us at yard after dinner or meet us at sheps and have a beer in beer garden tomorrow
Jack  
#22 Posted : 03 June 2013 08:29:10(UTC)
Jack

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KGP Go to Quoted Post
VB is a new contributor to this forum issue, our numbers are growing. I support his comments entirely.

For anyone local to Gisbourne Yard who was not at home over the weekend, work ceased on Saturday after 19:45. Some engine revving and general hammering and grinding all day.

Sunday's noise was mainly due to the use of a petrol driven grinder being used to cut up lengths of steel box section. This was used in frequent burst throughout the afternoon. An electrical  grinder was almost continuous through the day. Two occasions where  un-silenced engines were run. The shouting and general "engineering" noise spoilt a sunny SUNDAY afternoon in the garden.

Early in the week I had a visit from a member of the HPBC Environmental Health Dept. I have been issued with a log-sheet for "Nuisance Investigation", which includes the burning of waste. I also understand that the Planning Dept are aware of the change of use.

I too am a motorsport fan and  don't want their hobby ruined,  but they should show a great deal more consideration to the local residents. It's Bank Holiday Monday............will it rain?????

I also hope that the recently posted development plans are passed and that the yard is quickly turned into a residential area.

If you dont like engineering noise why get a house next to a yard that has been industrial for more than 100 years
thanks 1 user thanked Jack for this useful post.
pizzabutty on 04/06/2013(UTC)
pizzabutty  
#23 Posted : 04 June 2013 08:49:04(UTC)
pizzabutty

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
thank you for all your comments on our site at gisbourne yard. I am sorry some people feel they could not approach us for fear of reprisals I find that quite upsetting but let me put a few issues raised forward.
we applied for planning permission a number of years ago at quite a considerable cost to ourselves and it got turned down on the basis it was employment land,at the time we had one person on the whole site working for drinkwaters.
the lads that rent the top yard had a problem with one lad about noise and they got rid of him straightaway.
we are quite willing to talk to people about the current use of the site and possible future use and try and resolve any issues people have now,anybody that walked into our yard for a discussion will be treated with courtesy and respect by anybody who works or rents the land
if you would like to meet in private or as a group please let me know
Sebastian bates
or leave a message if u prefer on here
thanks 2 users thanked pizzabutty for this useful post.
Trummerfrau on 04/06/2013(UTC), Bangerlad61 on 05/06/2013(UTC)
Whaley Laner  
#24 Posted : 11 June 2013 10:52:37(UTC)
Whaley Laner

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Some people on this forum want the best of both worlds. I would have sympathy with them if they lived on Craig Drive and someone moved in next door and started building Banger Cars in their garage but this hasn't happened here. They want to live in a property where the purchase price/rent is below market rates because it's next to an industrial yard but they then complain about the noise coming from the yard! The answer is simple - if you don't like the noise from an industrial yard then don't buy/rent a house next to an industrial yard.

Stress'ed2013  
#25 Posted : 06 July 2013 20:43:38(UTC)
Stress'ed2013

United Kingdom

Thanks Pizzabutty, or as I should probably now say, Sebastian. I am fully in support of your application for residential dwellings and have submitted support through the official channels.
I have not been receiving notifications from the forum recently so wasn't aware of recent posts.

I'm not going to get into the whole argument again, as it seems utterly pointless as people aren't being completely honest about the usage, particularly about the hours they're working. I have no reason to lie or exaggerate the situation, my life is stressful enough without creating problems that aren't there! I have also given credit where it's due and acknowledged when its been much better, so I'm not just looking for a scrap.

Bangerlad61: if you are genuinely saying that you don't do anything noisy on the yard after 7pm, then I can tell you, someone else is. Saturdays and Sundays it often goes on much, much later.

Whaley laner: wow, that's very generous of you from the lofty heights of Whaley lane. So, only wealthy people are entitled to the peaceful enjoyment of their own homes are they? what a fantastic community spirit. I work full time, I pay my bills and I claim no benefits I work extremely hard and this house was still the best house I could afford in my home town of Whaley. Would I have moved next door to Bridge Motors or any other garage? of course not, but that's not what I was lead to believe the site was. We don't go into the garden because of the noise and the fumes and sometimes we have had to go out because the noise has been so penetrating.
Can I also suggest that you get on the land registry and check out the sale prices in Whaley over the last five years, your 'facts' about prices/rental don't bear scrutiny.

This is my last post, as I said earlier, it's going nowhere. Here's hoping for a swift planning approval Sebastian!
sfmans  
#26 Posted : 09 July 2013 17:52:51(UTC)
sfmans

Man

Planning chiefs have agreed in principle a small housing development to go on a former industrial site in Whaley Bridge.

Outline planning permission for houses to be built upon land at Gisborne Yard, off Old Road, by High Peak Borough Council’s development control committee.

http://www.buxtonadvertiser.co.uk/news/local/plans-approved-in-principle-for-new-housing-1-5837636

VB  
#27 Posted : 30 July 2013 18:10:53(UTC)
VB

United Kingdom

Yup 1915 and hammering still going on, daughter trying to sleep and being disturbed..... again. Thanks guys and gals.
Trummerfrau  
#28 Posted : 30 July 2013 18:50:46(UTC)
Trummerfrau

Have any of you complainants actually taken up the multiple offers to discuss with the people at the yard? Have you agreed a cut off time that's acceptable to you? Seems to be a SELF imposed one of 19;00 that you jump on when its a few mins over!!! Come on, man up and sort yourselves out.

Put the keyboard down and put your shoes on.
VB  
#29 Posted : 30 July 2013 19:27:08(UTC)
VB

United Kingdom

The 1900 cut off was not of my doing, that was posted by a previous member of the forum, others have 'put their shoes on' and met with problems of which I have no desire to entertain.

As it stands I will be contacting the landlord and opening a dialogue with them.

The frustration is never borne by anyone but us, the racers never suffer, we just have to tolerate the noise. As I am stood in my garden now at 2025 and there is still noise I would suggest it's more than a 'few' minutes.

This forum is designed for communication, that's what I am doing. Sorry if that's not to your liking.

Bangerlad61  
#30 Posted : 30 July 2013 20:50:54(UTC)
Bangerlad61

United Kingdom

We pay good money to build cars in this yard at 19:15 I personally told a lad 2 stop hammering as its getting late. He has now taken his car to his home to finish after work tomorrow. The noise you herd was us talking joking and loading a car up on a van we didn't start the car as its late we pushed it on. You say we don't suffer imagine u payed £500 a month for summet then get told u carnt use it we have asked u to come and speak to us and we can sort proper times out! We get shouted down to at weekends so come up thru the week if u wasn't moaning at weekend it would be finished now and wouldn't need to come down thru the week. We pay to use the yard if u carnt come and talk to us that's your problem as we carnt guess to please u!!
Trummerfrau  
#31 Posted : 30 July 2013 22:35:34(UTC)
Trummerfrau

Originally Posted by: VB Go to Quoted Post
The 1900 cut off was not of my doing, that was posted by a previous member of the forum, [color=red]so what is acceptable to you? Can't mind read.[/color]

others have 'put their shoes on' and met with problems of which I have no desire to entertain.

What do you mean? As pointed out already anyone who wishes to speak will be treated with courtesy. Please don't judge people before meeting them

As it stands I will be contacting the landlord and opening a dialogue with them.
Good! That's what you keep being invited to do. He has already given his number on here.

The frustration is never borne by anyone but us, the racers never suffer, we just have to tolerate the noise. As I am stood in my garden now at 2025 and there is still noise I would suggest it's more than a 'few' minutes.
Bangerlad61 has already explained what was going on. ie just talking and pushing a car on without starting it. Sounds like you are ok to spend from 19;10 til 20.25 on the internet and monitoring every moment but cant spend 5 mins to pop down and strike an accord???

This forum is designed for communication, that's what I am doing. Sorry if that's not to your liking.

. Sure a computer is one way to communicate but that doesn't mean its the best or most effective. All too often, its too impersonal and things get taken the wrong way. It's very frustrating trying to please everyone when they won't simply TALK.

Edited by user 30 July 2013 22:37:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified