logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
R. Stephenson-Smythe  
#21 Posted : 24 September 2009 20:25:31(UTC)
R. Stephenson-Smythe

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Mr Parabuild I assume you are fairly new to this area.

That much is apparent from your attempts at local history.

I am busy this evening but tomorrow, just for you; I shall update the story of Tommy Dodd.

I shall not, however, reveal the secret of Tommy Dodd. That is a secret that will remain within this village (now unfortunately a town).

On another thread you mention walking to the Corner Shop; have you seen any signs of old Silverheels on your walk? I doubt it.

R. S-S
parabuild  
#22 Posted : 25 September 2009 12:44:12(UTC)
parabuild

Man

Yes indeed Mr R S-S I am fairly new to the area having come from over the hills just 3 years ago. I have for a long time been an occasional visitor to Whaley Bridge / Furness Vale although I have never had much knowledge of the local history.  This is a subject which I am now taking an interest in aided by the contributions to this forum.

I often wander the lanes and footpaths locally and quite often stroll alomg the canal towards Mr Cohen's grocery emporium.  I have met all sorts of strange and wonderous characters but not I am afrain, Old Silverheels.  Now is this going to be another conundrum or are you going to enlighten me ? 

I was recently reprimanded for failing to photograph the jumbo jet landing in Furness.  I do feel that I am missing a lot of local events.  Where did it land I wonder, not on the A6 surely ?

Looking forward to the true story of Tommy Dodd

I do hope Peter / Petra is safe

R. Stephenson-Smythe  
#23 Posted : 25 September 2009 13:16:41(UTC)
R. Stephenson-Smythe

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Parabuild,

How on earth could such a perceptive gentleman such as yourself miss the landing of the Jumbo Jet in Furness?

It did indeed land on the A6 and there were many photographers there to witness and record it.

I do not think it has taken off again so keep that camera of yours handy because you never know.

If I were you I might try a walk down Station Road to the new hangar.

I have a lot to help you with Mr Parabuild: Tommy Dodd, Old Silverheels and Jumbo Jets.

But first Bridge Street is on my list and in particular The Old Corn Mill.

R. S-S
G. Jackson  
#24 Posted : 30 September 2009 16:31:10(UTC)
G. Jackson

There is talk on the forum that looks like the secret of Tommy Dodd will be revealed. Please don't go down this route   as Mr. Hallam will obviously spin in his grave. All I will say is that it is still available today, usually in corner shops but probably not in The Corner Shop. Please respect the few children who answered a question correctly and the memory of Mr. Hallam. Anyone wishing to know what it is, I will reveal it by letter only and include a free sample. Please send stamped addressed envelope to Mr. G. Jackson, Care of, P.O. Box 46, Stockport. SK5 7PJ......... I will of course respect your anonymity.

Edited by user 30 September 2009 16:45:01(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

G. Jackson  
#25 Posted : 06 October 2009 22:44:19(UTC)
G. Jackson

Up to today I've had 5 letters all of which have been returned with samples. Thanks to all and as I have said I will respect your anonymity.

Edited by user 06 October 2009 22:44:56(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dora Gibson  
#26 Posted : 09 October 2009 00:55:23(UTC)
Dora Gibson

Dear Mr Jackson,

I wrote as asked and nothing has been forthcoming yet. Could this be to do with the postal do you think? If so, could you send me another sample please? I spoke with a postie t'other day and he says that he and his colleagues are adamant that they are going to strike. He said, that the P.O. have laid off lots of staff and are trying to get the ones that are left to do twice the work for the same pay!!!!! I am furious as I know my postie to be a man of integrity and a supporter of Man United - enough said (says Gibson).

If you have not received my letter Mr Jackson, please let me know via this forum? Many thanks, Dora Gibson

Edited by user 09 October 2009 00:56:42(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

High Peak Harry  
#27 Posted : 09 October 2009 07:02:08(UTC)
High Peak Harry

The strangest thing occurred last evening. Whilst visiting a hostelry adjacent to the A6, the barmaid entered the room with an envelope. Inside was a S.A.E. and a slip of paper. On this was printed, not written, Is this Tommy Dodd's Twist? The contents were 4 dolly mixtures. How very bizarre! I don't know how these arrived but they certainly weren't TDT. Whatever you make of this forum it has certainly started to become intriguing. Shortly after the arrival of this envelope several men with beards left the building. Is this some sort of Masonic act?
RockBanker  
#28 Posted : 09 October 2009 10:58:14(UTC)
RockBanker

Man
Location: &quot;In a primitive area and on a steep hill&quot;

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Can you describe the types of beards, using the classification scheme shown here:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/tweetmeme/beardposterlgjpg

It could be of some significance.

Rock "Yellow Alert" Banker

TheShallcrossCode@hotmail.co.uk
G. Jackson  
#29 Posted : 09 October 2009 11:15:53(UTC)
G. Jackson

I am very puzzled with High Peak Harry's last posting, how much had he had to drink????     I am glad our lodge insists on a clean-shaven policy.

Meanwhile I will continue to send out "REAL TOMMY DODD" in unmarked envelopes ( it is costing me a fortune in postage )

How many more times do I have to say that there is no such thing as Tommy Dodd's Twist this was a misnomer by Frederick's uncle ( see first posting on this subject ). 

RockBanker  
#30 Posted : 09 October 2009 11:18:50(UTC)
RockBanker

Man
Location: &quot;In a primitive area and on a steep hill&quot;

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)

[quote=G. Jackson]

I am glad our lodge insists on a clean-shaven policy.

Hmm, so no one would suspect a bearded man. Very clever.

Rock "Yellow Alert" Banker

TheShallcrossCode@hotmail.co.uk