logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JonG  
#1 Posted : 28 June 2011 19:11:04(UTC)
JonG

Groups: Administration, Member

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 13 post(s)

Hi,

Please read the new forum rules V1.0 which are at the top of the page.

Cheers

Jon.

Jon Goldfinch - Forum Administrator and Town Councillor
Whaley Bridge Town Council - Fernilee Ward

cllr.jong.wbtc@googlemail.com
NevClarke  
#2 Posted : 28 June 2011 21:29:54(UTC)
NevClarke

Groups: Member
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Jon, I for one welcome this as a first step to transparancy and fairness. It might be nice though to provide some context as to why the rules have been put in place and who took part in drawing them up.

Edited by user 29 June 2011 07:20:50(UTC)  | Reason: typo

“It all sounds like the sort of scheme Elmer Fudd might dream up while drunk.”

Nev Clarke
clarkenev@gmail.com
G. Jackson  
#3 Posted : 28 June 2011 22:54:32(UTC)
G. Jackson

I agree with Nev and that some positive rules were necessary but the new rules do look a bit like "Big Brother is watching you". Where were the new rules made and decided upon or are they a standard configuration for forums?

I hope I don't get banned from the forum for this comment .

Norm  
#4 Posted : 28 June 2011 23:27:16(UTC)
Norm

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Really they are just common sense. They may seem over the top but they are not full of legal stuff you have to agree to for some forums.

After reading them I think Neil, and I, will have to stop the quest to find out who Snoopy is. I bet he is laughing at this, still you never know I may have a cunning plan.

The average person on a forum should not be afraid or worried by such rules. After all who does read all the T&Cs when signing something? If people just post "sensible" and "normal" posts there should be no problem... erm not sure now Glenda about your posts, but I saw no references to horses' legs in the rules.

Keep on posting.

Norm

NevClarke  
#5 Posted : 29 June 2011 07:33:25(UTC)
NevClarke

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Conscious that I may have been better advised responding to the thread in the general discussion group however, rather than break one of the new rules at the off I will continue here for one more post. Who selects the moderators and how do you bring issues to their attention. I have used the report abuse button and followed it by email on a number of occasions now and had no response.

“It all sounds like the sort of scheme Elmer Fudd might dream up while drunk.”

Nev Clarke
clarkenev@gmail.com
snoopy  
#6 Posted : 29 June 2011 07:36:50(UTC)
snoopy

Norm wrote:

After reading them I think Neil, and I, will have to stop the quest to find out who Snoopy is. I bet he is laughing at this, still you never know I may have a cunning plan.

Me ? Laugh ? Surely not ? See you at the AGM in September.

Seriously though. I don't mind the rules. When I read them though I am reminded of a certain person   I think 99% of the time none of the rules will apply, nice to have them there if required.

JonG  
#7 Posted : 29 June 2011 10:41:51(UTC)
JonG

Groups: Administration, Member

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 13 post(s)

Nev et al.

I will add a full description of the moderators, webgroup and complaints process shortly.

Cheers

Jon.

Jon Goldfinch - Forum Administrator and Town Councillor
Whaley Bridge Town Council - Fernilee Ward

cllr.jong.wbtc@googlemail.com
buggyite  
#8 Posted : 29 June 2011 11:24:51(UTC)
buggyite

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Jon,

I think it is useful to set the rules out, so we all know where we stand, so that is good. Can I make one very small suggestion though.

Its more for the sake of good manners than anything else;  I totally agree with the idea that other forum members should ask the originator of a post if they may use whatever is in a post somewhere else, and accept that posting on the forum assigns copyright to the "owners" of this site, but do you not think that it would be good manners if the moderators were also expected to seek permission from the originator should they wish to use the material somewhere other than on this forum and associated website.

Edited by user 29 June 2011 11:26:06(UTC)  | Reason: slight grammatical improvement

Buggyite
I am a yellow factioner!
Elmo  
#9 Posted : 09 July 2011 15:16:14(UTC)
Elmo

buggyite wrote:

Jon,

I think it is useful to set the rules out, so we all know where we stand, so that is good. Can I make one very small suggestion though.

Its more for the sake of good manners than anything else;  I totally agree with the idea that other forum members should ask the originator of a post if they may use whatever is in a post somewhere else, and accept that posting on the forum assigns copyright to the "owners" of this site, but do you not think that it would be good manners if the moderators were also expected to seek permission from the originator should they wish to use the material somewhere other than on this forum and associated website.

I am glad to see the the Rules do not "assign copyright to the [forum] owners", but assign the right to copy. The users should and do retain the copyright of their own work (posts) unless they specifically transfer it to another.

Cheers Elmo.
Jenny Megson  
#10 Posted : 10 February 2012 08:38:18(UTC)

Groups: Guest

JonG wrote:

I will add a full description of the moderators, webgroup and complaints process shortly.

Cheers

Jon.

Have I missed something?  Not seen these yet or has it dissappeared like the squirrels we've seen over the past day or so?

Edited by user 10 February 2012 14:06:52(UTC)  | Reason: Insignicent, if slightly amusing typo