logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CllrJonG  
#41 Posted : 21 June 2009 22:15:37(UTC)
CllrJonG

Groups: Administration, Member

The 'newbies' and advanced member rating is just something that comes with the software this forum uses. It indicate the level of posting you do. After you have posted so many times you lose the 'newbie' tag.

Cheers

Jon.

Jon Goldfinch - Forum Administrator and Town Councillor
Whaley Bridge Town Council - Fernilee Ward

cllr.jong.wbtc@googlemail.com
Over the hill but not far away  
#42 Posted : 22 June 2009 00:48:21(UTC)
Over the hill but not far away

Groups: Member

Dont get too worried Bob

Forum software has a built in status progression (only another three posts and you will not be a "newbie") .  Unfortunatley -as in all forums, quality of post is not taken into account :)

Well M.Surfer-I knew this would be right up your street .  Are you sensing blood like a hound at the (drag-officer, honest) hunt-I suspect that is the case -but I welcome you back none the less-although some will be more welcoming than others

Cheers

PS have you heard anything about an executive reuinion gig

Edited by user 22 June 2009 07:48:56(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

silversurfer  
#43 Posted : 22 June 2009 19:43:39(UTC)
silversurfer

After the sad loss of that deep,dark and brilliant man...Chris Eyre,who was a good friend.  We decided to wait a while,all the best to Jo,sam and Alex..      I hear the Hawkwind gig was quite special and you were backstage,Be sure that Gigsworth was with you  !!!      I Always think twice about having a look on this forum,it makes me sad that Mr Eyre is no longer in cyberspace.............anyway Dudes behave yourselves....The surfer sees all...including the backdoor boys we did not elect and who have decided to censor us on this forum............................keep me informed troops!

Jake  
#44 Posted : 23 June 2009 09:44:14(UTC)

Groups: Guest

I'm afraid I must correct you, you did elect them.

12 people were nominated to stand as candidates for election to the Town Council's 12 vacancies, therefore those that stood were eclected unopposed, if a couple more people had been nominated them an election would have taken place in those wards that required it. So perhaps apathy won the day but the twelve that stood have been properly and duly elected by you.

Silversurfer please note that you or anyone else will have your opportunity to stand for election next time they come around, it's a simple democratic process.
lord cornflake  
#45 Posted : 23 June 2009 12:35:23(UTC)
lord cornflake

They sure are an eclectic elected collective.

Nigel  
#46 Posted : 21 July 2009 21:09:22(UTC)

Further to Jake's comments, does anyone know when the next opportunity to put up for election to the Town Council is? I know someone who is very interested in standing.

Jake  
#47 Posted : 22 July 2009 05:58:47(UTC)

Well Nigel

That's very handy as I know I won't be standing again as I'm terminaly ill, so a vacancy might well come up before then,  keep you eyes on the notice board, the press and of course WBTC section of this website, Your friends opportunity may happen sooner than they think.

The next elections for WBTC are May 2011

Jake

Edited by user 22 July 2009 11:41:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nigel  
#48 Posted : 23 July 2009 10:39:30(UTC)

Thanks Jake for your update. Do you have to actually have to live in the Ward you are representing or is it sufficient or necessary that you reside in the Whaley Bridge area? For example, could someone living in Horwich End put up for election for the Furness Vale Ward?

Jake  
#49 Posted : 23 July 2009 15:48:45(UTC)

No if memory serves me well you don't have to live in the ward but do need to live in the Whaler Bridge area. When the time come you can check it out with Stephanie at the Mechanics and perhaps if we can get a couple more people to show some interest we can have an election which would be great.